Stantec Assistant Resident Engineer (Water Infrastructure) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for an Assistant Resident to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project related to water infrastructure with FEWA.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• Responsible for reviewing the design proposals, work program, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, payments, variation orders and claims etc.
• Effectively manage the site supervision staffs during construction & ensuring the works are being carried out according to the Contract specifications.
• Ensure monitoring on the quality of materials and workmanships installed, operated and maintained.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Liaise with Client, Project Management and Contractor for resolution of project issues, in addition to concerned Authorities when required.
• Strong understanding of operation and control philosophies of surge protection devices, capable to review & approval of Contractor submittals for hydraulic studies & calculations, pumps, surge vessels, control valves.
• Supervise, review, monitor and report on progress.
• Ensure the site safety practices
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports
• Familiarity with conditions of contract, quality assurance.
• Liaise with client, co-ordination with Governmental Organization and other Consultants/Contractors
• Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
Assistant Resident Engineer (Water Infrastructure)
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university
• 15+ work experience ideally with an engineering consultancy
• Experience working on water infrastructure, TSE, networks, pipelines and pumping stations.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates