Stantec Senior Transportation Planner in Wellington, New Zealand
Our National transportation team continues to win and deliver some of the region’s most iconic projects. If you are looking to join a firm that offers the perfect mix between exciting projects, career development and work/life balance then look no further.
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
One difference between Stantec and our competitors is that we have an emphasis on professional and personal development and will take steps to help you achieve your career goals. We also have a culture of delivering as a team and our Wellington office has a healthy and vibrant culture. At Stantec you will be backed by a Global company but delivering at a local level.
About the role
This is an exciting time to be a Transportation Planner in New Zealand and Stantec are leading the charge. We are looking for people with skills in some or all of the following areas to enhance our team:
• Integration of urban design, transport and land use
• Transport technology
• Rail and public transport
• Business cases
• Public and Private sector
• Project leadership
• Team leadership
This is your chance to take that next step into a senior role and use your technical know-how together with your strong investigation, analytical and report writing skills to deliver excellent service to our key and emerging clients in New Zealand.
We work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide cost-effective, practical, innovative technology and engineering solutions. Our current projects are being implemented across all of Asia Pacific.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Develop and maintain strong private and public sector client relationships.
• Provide technical expertise in transport planning.
• Undertake business case analysis and reporting.
• Maintain technical and professional standards
• Assist in project and contract management as requested.
• Provide specialist inputs to expressions of interest and proposals.
• Mentor and coach junior staff.
Senior Transportation Planner
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification.
• Be a chartered professional engineer (or equivalent) or working toward professional registration with EngNZ or an equivalent professional body.
• At least 10 years transport planning experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business and project finances.
• Excellent investigation, analytical and report writing skills, including business cases.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to build trust and provide support to peers and clients.
• Experience in the private sector desirable.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
This role is a key role for Technical Futures but also advertising direct with potential other agencies
New Zealand-Auckland, New Zealand-Christchurch, New Zealand-Dunedin, New Zealand-Wellington