Stantec Senior Hydraulic Modeller - Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand
• Leadership opportunities within our national hydraulic and hydrologic modelling team
• Based in Wellington, responsible for mentoring and training modelling staff in these offices
• Key point of contact for major clients
• Rewarding career, competitive market salary and excellent benefits
• Network of offices throughout Asia Pacific and globally
About The Role
With substantial project wins and an extensive backlog of work within the Auckland & Wellington offices, we have opportunities for Senior Hydraulic Modellers covering Stormwater and/or Wastewater. This is an exciting opportunity to help further build our national modelling discipline team, which now brings together our stormwater and wastewater modelling capabilities. Stantec globally is known for our best practice in drainage modelling, and our New Zealand team unites this global best practice with local knowledge, to deliver high quality modelling and network planning projects for our clients.
Based in either our Wellington or Auckland office reporting to the Team Leader, your key responsibilities will include the following:
• Technical oversight of modelling projects delivered from these offices for clients such as Watercare, Auckland Council, Wellington Water and others, which will include
o Model Build and calibration/validation of wastewater and/or stormwater networks
o System performance assessments
o Flood hazard mapping
o Options Analysis
o Asset Planning and solution design
• Mentorship and training of modelling staff based in the various offices
• Providing technical input and support to the modelling team across MWH New Zealand. This will include checking and reviewing modelling projects for other New Zealand clients
• Acting as key technical liaison with clients on modelling projects
• Ensuring that QAQC procedures are followed
• Regular liaison with Stantec staff in other offices to share knowledge and best practice
You will be fluent with either InfoWorks ICM or DHI MIKE packages, as well as ArcGIS and/or MapInfo. You will need to be progressive, have enthusiasm for innovative thinking and be willing to be actively involved in the wider Asia Pacific Stantec network modelling community.
What We Offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Working Arrangements
Senior Hydraulic Modeller - Wellington
We create the conditions in which talented people thrive.
WINNER – Financial Review Client Choice Award 2017 – Best Consulting Engineering Firm (revenue $50m-$200m)
We know that what we do really matters which is why at Stantec, we design with community in mind.
Stantec unites about 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Therefore it is no wonder we have got community on our mind because we are a part of it. When we take on a water, transport or infrastructure project we see more than a resource. We see an opportunity to make lasting connections with the people and places where we live and work. So when you join us, you become part of the team with a nearly 200-year history in providing solutions that begin at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):