Stantec Senior Geometric Designer, Transportation in Wellington, New Zealand
• Wellington CBD or Auckland Newmarket locations
• Ongoing, challenging projects
• Excellent backlog of work
Stantec is a world leader in transportation. We have 16 offices across New Zealand with significant committed works for national and local clients in both the public and private sectors. Our backlog of design works is strong and we need exceptional people to help us meet these challenges.
Due to great success this year, we have secured a number of large complex infrastructure projects and we need to add more depth to our transportation teams. Our teams continues to grow and we now require a Senior Geometric Design Engineer with exceptional current design skills who will provide support and technical leadership for a wide range of New Zealand projects. In this role you will work alongside our Design Manager to lead the geometric design requirements for our most complex transportation projects.
Our workload is strong and includes detailed design for a $60M capital delivery project, consenting design for grade separated interchange and design inputs into projects across Wellington, Manawatu, Waikato and Queenstown. This is a challenging project and will present real opportunity for growth. In this role you will be supported by our most senior transportation people and will be a critical part of our high performing capital delivery team.
The role in a snapshot will encompass the following:
• Lead complex geometric design inputs to projects working alongside our most senior design managers and project managers
• Work on detailed designs and calculations across a variety of transport related infrastructure projects, both urban and rural.
• Collaborate closely with project teams, managers, leaders and members of the organisation to achieve a coordinated approach to delivering projects
• Ensure qualified and experienced staff are available by assisting with recruiting and developing people.
• Network and build business relationships with key counterparts in the Stantec business globally.
• Developing and maintaining client relationships
• Mentoring and development of junior team members
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Working Arrangements
Senior Geometric Designer, Transportation
You’ll be BEng (Civil) qualified civil engineer, professionally accredited, with more than 10+ years’ experience in the consulting industry. Ideally you’ll have design experience, preferably with 12D, in transport infrastructure projects, working with multi-disciplinary and remote teams ensuring the required quality standards are met.
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Margaret McMeel on +64 9 580 4502 or mobile +64 275 442 930.
WINNER – Financial Review Client Choice Award 2017 – Best Consulting Engineering Firm (revenue $50m-$200m)
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
New Zealand, New Zealand-Auckland, New Zealand-Wellington