Stantec Principal Structural Engineer – Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Due to ongoing successful tenders for a variety of projects, we require a senior level engineer with exceptional design skills, a strong understanding of seismic conditions and bridge and civil infrastructure experience.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Detailed designs and calculations across a variety of bridge projects and other related water infrastructure projects
• Report writing
• Using your design capability, bridge inspection and forward work planning skills
• Detailed designs will cover various bridge elements, water, transport and civil infrastructure
• Carrying out Structural assessments, inspections and risk assessment and asset management
• Construction supervision
• Working closely with project teams and project manager to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery
• Mentoring and development of junior team members.
Principal Structural Engineer – Wellington
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
To be a BEng (Civil) and in the range of 15+ years professional experience in the consulting industry. You’ll have experience in transport infrastructure projects, including bridge designs as well as water and wastewater infrastructure projects such as tanks and pump stations. You will have proven experience in the delivery leadership of projects.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.