Stantec New Zealand Practice Leader - Bridges in Wellington, New Zealand
Primary Purpose of Position:
At a local, national and international level provide a technical lead and/or project management delivery role in bridge projects.
Across the New Zealand and Asia Pacific businesses provide high end technical expertise in bridge engineering and project development.
Represent the NZ Transportation business as the Bridges Practice Leader across the New Zealand market.
Build and maintain strong external client relationships and contribute to the strategic growth of the transportation business by identifying and securing related business opportunities with key and emerging clients to grow Stantec’s market share.
Develop and implement growth strategies for the Bridges asset management and design service lines.
Manage transportation projects, to ensure that outcomes in terms of budget, profit, timeliness, technical and quality standards meet both client and Stantec expectations.
Grow and develop Bridge engineering capability across Stantec, connecting with global Bridge leaders.
Work closely with the Sector Leaders for Transportation Advisory and Transportation Delivery to develop and implement overarching strategies and initiatives.
• Provide technical leadership on a range of transport capital and network management projects through developing, scoping, leading and undertaking studies and project work.
• Provide technical capabilities in bridge engineering and associated fields.
• Plan, program and coordinate assigned projects as Project Director, Team Leader or Project Technical Lead, to deliver the agreed outputs on budget, on time and to the required quality.
• Develop a close working relationship with the Australia team to actively grow our road safety capability.
• Provide advice, solutions and project outcomes that create value for clients and provide Stantec with a differentiator in the market.
• To effectively develop commercial arrangements with our project partners, whether they are consultants or contractors.
• Maintain appropriate technical and professional qualifications.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Contribute to the ANZ Transportation Strategy
• Support the Sector Leaders for Transportation Advisory and Transportation Delivery to develop and deliver strategies for the Transportation business.
• Develop, manage and deliver a NZ Bridge Asset Management Strategy to ‘defend and extend’ the current bridge offering.
• Support the business to grow a Knowledge Community of Specialists and Technologists in bridges.
• Provide technical and professional leadership/mentoring to team members with a view to succession planning and building overall technical capability of the team.
• Champion the development of digital engineering in bridges through software development, recruitment and training.
• Build the external Stantec brand in bridge asset management and engineering consulting.
• Assist the business through client interactions, proposal preparation and other business development initiatives as required.
• Assist the business with active recruitment in the Sector in order to grow our expertise in these markets.
Client Relationships and Business Development
• Develop strong working relationships with key clients by delivering the highest level of service and understanding their respective business drivers.
• Proactively liaise with client to ensure that their requirements are met and that relationships are managed.
• Facilitate and attend client delivery meetings as required.
• Develop new client relationships to help expand Stantec’s market share.
• Develop relationships with the appropriate transportation clients to position Stantec for future services;
• Provide pursuit support and leadership for all transportation opportunities;
• Proactively market Stantec’s transportations capabilities to current and potential future clients;
New Zealand Practice Leader - Bridges
You will be an Engineering NZ CPEng accredited civil structural bridge engineer with principal level bridging experience of 15+ years and be comfortable with NZ codes of practice for designing NZ structures.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Structural Engineering
You will have excellent interpersonal, consulting and technical skills with highly developed written and verbal communication skills for a broad range of audiences. Your leadership skills will enable you to mentor and motivate employees whilst negotiating and solving issues and queries that arise. Additionally, you will show continued learning and development in your industry practice area
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
New Zealand-Auckland, New Zealand-Wellington