Stantec Civil Engineer - Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand
Civil Engineer - Wellington
Your opportunity to join Stantec’s winning team
We know that what we do really matters which is why at Stantec, we design with community in mind.
Your opportunity to be part of Wellingtons’s growth and lifestyle
• We are looking for a BEng Civil Engineer or equivalent with 5-8 years of experience in general civil engineering projects, especially 3 Waters infrastructure in our Wellington office.
• This is an opportunity to advance your career in infrastructure. You will join an established multi-disciplined team in our Wellington office, working with experienced engineers and project managers who can guide and mentor you as your build your career.
• In this exciting position, we offer challenging projects, professional career development, formal and informal training and development, and the opportunities that only a true Global Engineering consultancy can provide.
• You will be applying your technical knowledge, working with senior engineers and specialists around the country, and you will lead and mentor more junior staff.
• You will join a team that works on infrastructure projects, not only locally, but across New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific region. You will work with a diverse client set from local government, industry and private development.
• You will be connected to our international Young Professionals Group Network with opportunities for training and networking across New Zealand and Australia. You will be supported through your Engineering New Zealand Accreditation and mentored for your own personal career development.
What you need to bring
• Our preferred candidate for this role will have proven technical experience in general Civil Water engineering projects encompassing 3 Waters infrastructure. (You will have the technical support of our extensive design resources based in New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific area).
• You will be experienced dealing with a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies.
• Your own self-management skills will be as important as your technical design and project management abilities. You will need to prioritize workloads whilst ensuring our Clients' needs are met whilst maintaining strong and trusting working relationships with your colleague's both locally and across the international Stantec team.
• Key requirements are a BE Civil Engineering or equivalent, plus a minimum of 5-8 years professional experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Glen Tarrant, Asia-Pacific Recruitment Manager, on +64 4 381 6729 or mobile +64 274 430184.
We create the conditions in which talented people thrive.
2016 BEST Award Winner – Association of Talent Development
Civil Engineer - Wellington
Degree in Civil Engineering
Stantec unites about 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Therefore it is no wonder we have community on our mind because we are a part of it. When we take on a water, transport or infrastructure project we see more than a resource, we see an opportunity to make lasting connections with the people and places where we live and work. So when you join us, you become part of the team with a nearly 200-year history in providing solutions that begin at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):