Stantec Civil Designer - 3D (Wellington) in Wellington, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That is why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they are our communities too. We are designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Stantec's Water group in New Zealand is seeking an experienced Civil Designer with ideally 5+ years’ experience to join the team during this exciting growth period.
You will be an experienced Civil Designer, well-versed in managing a suite of projects for either one main or various large clients. In this role you will assist in the development and delivery of water and wastewater infrastructure projects across both locally and across the wider NZ business, creating an ongoing, sustainable business bringing innovation and offering the highest quality technical services to clients.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
• Undertake a range of drafting duties using a range of platforms including Civil 3D, AutoCAD and GIS. 3D Modelling will be required in order to deliver a high level of technical service to internal and external clients.
• Manage and deliver detailed design infrastructure work packages relating to water and wastewater infrastructure including water treatment.
• Successful delivery of projects of the highest technical standard.
• Produce calculations, specifications and drawings to ensure that technical design will provide the appropriate solution.
• Ensure efficient transfer of design into drawings through application of 3D Modelling, design detailing, supplier information, industry standards and Stantec CAD standards.
• Mentor, support and provide technical guidance for junior staff.
• Contribute to proposal and bid development to support business development activities, including preparing proposal material as required.
• Be proactive in the transfer of knowledge.
• You will be tertiary-qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification with relevant professional experience. You will have a strong foundation of technical knowledge in the use of 3D CAD/BIM software and drawing management software.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Please apply directly online
Civil Designer - 3D (Wellington)
BE Civil or equivalent qualification with relevant professional experience.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Engineering Other
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!