Redesigning an existing neighborhood such as the Platanenbuurt in Bergen op Zoom poses design challenges. The space is often limited and the usage is high; parking, playing, greenery and water storage. An assignment in which the designer plays an important role in bringing everything together and creating a proper design.
As an Infra designer you are responsible for the design and drawing of new build projects and for the realization of reconstruction projects or nature and cultural construction projects. The work includes both the underground and aboveground infrastructure. For example, the sewer replacement and refurbishment of an existing neighborhood, the design of a new access road for a business park or a stream restoration and retention facility in the outlying area.
A variety of disciplines and the combination between these disciplines make this role very challenging and interesting. You can find this within a pleasant working environment with family-feel collaborations and an innovative corporate culture.
As an infra designer you are involved in the following on a daily basis:
• The production of (3D) design and technical drawings of traffic engineering works, including detail and profile drawings;
• Making presentation drawings for residents' evenings or other participation processes;
• Coordinating with various specialists to arrive at a suitable design;
• Taking care of the necessary contacts with the interested internal and external target groups;
• Responsible for the preparation of earth-moving
• Responsible for KLIC reports;
• Participating in the preparation of permit applications;
• Ensuring the (technical) content quality and planning;
• Providing advice that meets the requirements in terms of quality, time and money.
You can also play a role in:
• Drawing up (specification) quantities, cost estimates for small-scale works and projects;
• Supporting in requesting and comparing quotations and product information from third parties;
• Translating UAV-gc requirements into a design;
• Drawing up advice reports (or having them drawn up) in support of the project leader (paving, water management, sewerage, lighting, planting, etc.).
This is what you’ll get in return:
Your thoughtful solutions deserve a reward. You’ll find this in the form of good working conditions and a professional environment that is as innovative as your ideas. Your well-being is our priority. This is what you will get from us:
• An appropriate salary and good secondary employment conditions, such as an end-of-year bonus, NS Business Card and 28 vacation days.
• A varied job of 32, 36 or 40 hours a week, where you can make a real impact on the living environment.
• A climate neutral working environment where sustainability is paramount. This is reflected in an electric vehicle fleet, vegetarian catering and cool collaborations with charities.
• A diverse team and an inclusive culture. We pursue an active diversity policy to contribute to equal opportunities. Talent and competences are the starting point.
• Plenty of room for your own ideas and initiatives.
• We plant 2 trees for every colleague we hire, including you.
• You can work anywhere and at any time to ensure you can work to the best of your ability, one day in a bustling open-plan office in Arnhem, Delft or Oosterhout (North-Brabant) where colleagues from all layers of the organization work side by side, and the next day you might work from home and enjoy an afternoon gym session.
• A working from home arrangement, we will provide a suitable workplace set up at your house and you receive a monthly net internet allowance of € 36.10 per month.
• Infinite joint activities and fun training sessions that make work no longer feel like work.
What are you bringing along?
• A completed MBO or HBO education in civil engineering;
• Relevant experience within the field of civil engineering / infrastructure is a plus, and preferably at a consultancy or engineering firm;
• Experience and knowledge of Autocad, Civil3D and NLCS;
• You are quality-conscious and customer-oriented with good communication skills and a focus on co-operation
• Project-based thinking;
• You do not turn your back on technical challenges and innovations and see the challenge in increasing your knowledge.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Technical Advisor, Technical Writing
Stantec is making the world a better place. We do this together with 26,000 colleagues, working at 400 locations, spread over 6 continents. These are all people-oriented advisors who believe in a livable, safe and sustainable environment. We make a difference with collaborations, substantiated advice and a healthy dose of courage. In the Netherlands we are doing this with more than 300 committed professionals under the motto 'design with community in mind'.
At Stantec we work from concrete issues to practical solutions. We always enter into a dialogue with those involved, we make smart use of existing data and we dare to make choices. Even if they are surprising. The result is innovative, substantiated solutions with which we make the world a bit better. Together with you.
More information about Stantec as an employer can be found here: https://www.stantec.com/nl/careers
If you would like more information about the position, please contact Maikel Pollaert, tel: +31 16 20517487. You can respond via the 'apply Now button' on our website http://www.stantec.com/nl/careers via Careers -> View vacancies.
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
van de procedure