Stantec Graduate Fire Engineer in Sydney, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Engineer with a Bachelor of either Fire, Structural or Mechanical Engineering, or a Bachelor of Science in Physics or Physics related disciplines, or practical experience within Building Services Engineering.
You are proactive and professional, looking to work in a culture that is committed to quality output and your professional development.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn from industry leaders, and work on variety of project types including retail, commercial, residential, industrial, healthcare, and educational and infrastructure. The role will require you to exercise analytic skills such as critical thinking and numerical analysis to engineer functional solutions for some of the largest developments in Australia.
In return, you can expect to work in strong team environment with like-minded individuals.
As Stantec Fire Engineering teams grows to new international regions you will be required to support from Australia in addition to created future relocation opportunities.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Support PEs in completing projects in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction.
• Assist Senior Engineers.
• Liaise with authorities and contractors.
• Assist with delivering projects.
• Be accurate, diligent and professional.
• Report and specification writing.
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures.
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Degree in Fire, Structural or Mechanical Engineering (Candidates with a Bachelor of Science in Physics or Physics related disciplines may also be considered).
• CFD modelling experience favourable.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
• Willingness to learn.
• Team player.
• The ability to use initiative and think outside the box.
Graduate Fire Engineer
Degree in Fire, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-New South Wales Sydney
New Brunswick, New South Wales