Stantec Civil Drafter - Sydney in Sydney, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That is why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they are our communities too. We are designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Our Sydney Civil team is seeking a proactive Civil Drafter with experience in urban and land development. Experience with 12D or Civil 3D will also be an asset.
In this role you will be managing a suite of projects for either one main or various large clients. In this role you will assist in the development and delivery of urban and land development projects locally and across the Australian business, creating an ongoing, sustainable business bringing innovation and offering the highest quality technical services to clients.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
• Undertake a range of drafting duties using AutoCAD. Willingness to learn basic 3D Modelling in Civil 3D and 12D will be required in order to deliver a high level of technical service to internal and external clients
• Manage and deliver drafting / design urban and land development work packages
• Produce calculations, specifications and drawings to ensure that technical design will provide the appropriate solution
• Ensure efficient transfer of design into drawings through application of 3D Modelling, design detailing, supplier information, industry standards and Stantec CAD standards
• Reliably support Designers, Engineers and Project Engineers
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures
• Contribute to our Company culture
What we are Ideally looking for:
• Completed High School Certificate, and ideally hold a TAFE (or equivalent) qualification
• Someone with a strong foundation of technical knowledge in the use of AutoCAD
• Ideally have Civil drafting experience working on Sydney projects
• Be proactive in the transfer of knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to use initiative and think outside the box
• Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part-time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Civil Drafter - Sydney
Completed High School Certificate, and ideally hold a TAFE (or equivalent) qualification
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Drafting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
Australia-New South Wales Sydney
New South Wales