Stantec Cadet Draughtsperson/Designer (Sydney) in Sydney, Australia
Stantec is a global leader in the water infrastructure sector. We implement technically innovative water and wastewater solutions to manage and meet increasingly complex regulatory and quality standards while focusing on sustainable and cost effective options. We provide a full suite of integrated water, wastewater, stormwater, solid waste and general civil, engineering and management advisory services to meet the needs of our clients, using innovation, the latest industry research and global experience.
Stantec is looking for a Cadet Designer/Draughtsperson to join the Water team in Sydney. This important role will support project managers/group managers by providing technical expertise on various projects; primarily across the water sector in Australia, but also internationally.
Cadet Draughtsperson/Designer (Sydney)
You will be responsible for:
• Supported by the group and project managers, undertake a range of structural drafting duties using a range of platforms including Revit, Microstation, AutoCAD. 3D Modelling will be required in order to deliver a high level of technical service to internal and external clients
• Assist with the delivery of detailed design civil infrastructure work packages relating to water, waste water & water treatment infrastructure
• Assist with the successful delivery of projects of the highest technical standard
• Produce calculations, specifications and drawings to ensure that technical design will provide the appropriate solution
• Support the efficient transfer of design into drawings through application of 3D Modelling, design detailing, supplier information, industry standards and Stantec CAD standards
• Other duties as reasonably required
To be successful in this role your will have:
• Recent completion or currently working towards qualification (Tertiary or TAFE) in Structural Engineering/Design
• Experience in multi-disciplinary civil/structural/design drafting highly regarded
• Foundation knowledge of technical knowledge in the use of CAD and drawing management software, REVIT in particular
• Well developed written and verbal communication skills to interact with a broad range of audiences in multiple countries
Design, Structural Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So when we take on a project we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Australia-New South Wales Sydney
New South Wales