Stantec Audio Visual Design Engineer in Sydney, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
• Stantec are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice by WORK180
• Significant forward workload on challenging and exciting projects
• Opportunities that come with working for a true Global consulting firm
About the role:
Stantec Buildings Sydney are looking for an Audio-Visual Design Engineer to assist in the design of AV solutions together with the production of the appropriate tender documentation as well as assistive when required with any ongoing on these projects.
Base in Sydney at our St Leonards office, some working from home is permitted, may need travel both local and interstate as Covid allows.
The buildings team work on a range of building services projects including retail, commercial office, residential, high rise, industrial, educational and healthcare.
The successful candidate will have a good grounding in design and be looking to further develop their role and responsibilities. The successful applicant will be working on a mixture of small to large scale projects. In particular, be able to work independently to deadlines, with an ability to support our senior and project engineers on a number of projects at different stages of completion.
This role will enable the successful applicant to develop in a professional and personal sense, and to forge a challenging and rewarding career path in a global successful company.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Develop AV system designs to meet clients specifications
• Liaise with clients to present design solutions, spececifications, bill of materials, layouts etc
• Support projects tendering team when required
• Contribute to our company culture
• Self-review of own work to ensure internal service is excellent
• Provide assistance during construction phase of projects when required
• Bring value to in-house design meetings
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and Stantec quality procedures
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part-time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Income Continuance Insurance (ICI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Please apply directly using the link.
No Agency CVs will be accepted.
Audio Visual Design Engineer
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Hold a Bachelor degree, diploma, or Cert 4 in IT or similar
• Minimum 5 years background in AV installation work or project management of AV installations.
• Have or be prepared to get AVIXA CTS certification as well as CTS-D when appropriate.
• Design certified for at least one control solution e.g. AMX, Crestron, Extron
• Design certified for at least one digital transport system e.g. QSYS
• Any addition product design certifications would be advantageous e.g. Bose, QSC, Philips, Extron, Shure
• Work with Microsoft Office products essential
• Experience in working with Bluetooth, AutoCAD and Revit
• Interest in working with 3D reality presentation solutions
• Positive, can-do attitude and strong work ethic
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Electrical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, environmental, and infrastructure projects to life.
Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Australia-New South Wales Sydney
New South Wales