Stantec Lead Construction Estimator - Slayden in Stayton, Oregon
Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Lead Construction Estimator to be based out of our company headquarters located in Stayton, OR.
The Construction Estimator will prepare cost estimates at different levels of design for various delivery systems such as Construction Manager / General Contractor (CMGC), Design Build and Hard Dollar. Projects will consist of wastewater treatment facilities, potable water treatment facilities, hydropower facilities, fisheries, pipelines and various water infrastructure ranging from $1-100 million dollars.
Organization, attention to detail, ability to work within tight time constraints and under pressure; and ability to work within a proposal team are all important for proper performance of required duties.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Serve as the point of contact for internally and coordinate the parameters of the estimating assignment.
• Review design documents such as specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing for key project elements.
• Develop costs estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
• Review the final multi-discipline estimate and prepare report deliverables for the end user.
• Lead preparation of smaller estimates and lead project estimating teams.
Lead Construction Estimator - Slayden
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, other technical degree, or equivalent experience
• 10 plus years of related experience of which 5 plus years estimating experience is preferred
• Field experience is required
• The ability to estimate all disciplines with an emphasis in Civil & Process Mechanical.
• Experience working with other discipline estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate
• Water / Wastewater Treatment Plant experience is preferred
• Strong computer skills required
• Must be proficient in using MS Word, and Excel
Construction, Estimating, Field Work
• Cost control and scheduling exposure is a plus
• Hydro/Fish facility experience is a plus
• Experience in pipelines and various water conveyance systems is a plus
• Planswift experience is a plus
• HCSS (Heavybid) Estimating software knowledge is a plus
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MWH Constructors, now part of Stantec, is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices. Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors.
Slayden Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
MWH Constructors and Slayden Constructors appreciate the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to MWHC or Slayden and/or any MWH or Slayden employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with MWHC or Slayden will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, MWHC or Slayden is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email Alicia.Slader@mwhglobal.com.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Stayton