Stantec Project Engineer - Slayden (Spokane) in Spokane, Washington
Slayden Constructors Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors (Stantec Construction Group), is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our team at a Riverside Park Water Reclamation Facility NLT Project in Spokane, Washington.
Essential Job Functions:
The following duties are typical for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Facilitate and organize the use of the jobsite office
• Update/post plans and specifications throughout the duration of the job
• Review and process project submittals, design clarifications, schedules and change orders with appropriate owners, subcontractors and/or suppliers
• Create a submittal schedule from specifications, governing/regulatory agencies, PO’s, subcontracts and all project documents
• Confirm and ensure delivery dates with owners/suppliers/subcontractors and Slayden are met.
• The PE is the primary contact to visitors and onsite representatives
• Develop/maintain project files and logs to accurately track material, documents and other pertinent data
• Develop/assemble Operation and Maintenance Manuals and Warranties
• Work with PM and Superintendent to identify change orders
• Update job cost reports as identified by the Project Manager.
• Understanding of different types of work (site/civil, concrete, mechanical)
• Ability to efficiently work in P6 and supporting monthly schedule updates
• Some estimating experience (change orders, small jobs, etc.)
• In charge of sub billings, sub pay, quantity tracking
• In charge of field scheduling of subcontractors
• Capacity to (assist in running) run field crews
• Works with Project Manager on Owner pay application
• Understanding of Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC)
• Drafts and negotiates subcontracts and POs
• Capacity to write formal letters to Owner and/or subcontractor(s)
• Shows the effort to take on extra work/projects/tasks on the job and off the job
• Shows the leadership to teach others on project or within the company
• Knowledge and use of software to support position (etc. AgTech, BIM systems, estimating programs)
Project Engineer - Slayden (Spokane)
o Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or similar discipline
o Minimum 2 years related experience in water/wastewater and/or heavy civil construction
o Strong understanding of field operations and an aptitude for building complex projects
o Commitment to getting things done; effectively and efficiently
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, P6 and Viewpoint a plus
o Ability to access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
o Valid driver’s license
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Engineering, Construction, Environmental Engineer
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Slayden Constructors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
MWH Constructors and Slayden Constructors appreciate the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to MWHC or Slaydern and/or any MWH or Slayden employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with MWHC or Slayden will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, MWHC or Slayden is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email Alicia.Slader@mwhglobal.com.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Washington - Spokane