Stantec Site Agent (Thames Water) in Site Based, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their site delivery team with a Site Agent for our SMB joint venture framework. Working within the Thames water region you will lead and direct the site team to coordinate the safe management of all operational activities on all projects ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are met.
SMB, the joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Project Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Manage, supervise, train and mentor the site team to enable them to optimise their work contribution.
• Review contractual agreements and develop design, working methods, programme and forecast costs
• Develop programmes and forecast budgets, assess actual programme and productivity achieved and review weekly
• Be fully conversant with subcontractor’s contract conditions, develop job specific subcontract conditions and manage the subcontractors account with the quantity surveying team.
• Requisitioning resources in a timely manner to ensure that they are correctly specified and readily available so as not to impede the construction programme.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractor’s attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
• Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to.
Site Agent (Thames Water)
• Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering.
• Previous experience within water treatment
• SMSTS Safety Management
• Relevant CSCS card
• First Aid
• MICE qualification
• Training in health & safety and environmental management
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):