Stantec General Foreperson (Thames Water) in Site Based, United Kingdom
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their Site team with a General Foreperson for our SMB (Thames Water) joint venture framework. As Foreperson you will help coordinate the safe management of a section of work on major projects or control all site activities on a smaller project ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are met.
SMB, the joint venture between Skanska, Stantec Treatment and Balfour Beatty, has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water’s £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a ‘super alliance’ of industry-leading organisations.
You will report directly to the Site Manager duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Monitoring and implementing all matters relating to Health and Safety and the environment
• Ensuring current and future work activities are planned and resources available (Plant & Labour)
• Monitoring quality standards
• Monitoring productivity/performance
• Ensure the coordination of a section of works or trade on a larger project or all aspects of a smaller project. And to ensure and communication between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, safety and environmental team and clients team.
• Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
• Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
• Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
• Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements ‘first time’ and minimise rework.
• Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
• Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams.
• Ensure all records for example inspections, works permits and briefings are up to date and in place
• Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team
• Ad hoc duties as job requires
General Foreperson (Thames Water)
• Vocational Training
• Understanding and experience of construction techniques and best practices.
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
• City & Guilds Construction Certificate
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):