Stantec Superintendent (CA) - Commercial Tenant Improvement in Santa Clara, California
The Stantec Construction Group, providing industry-leading capital construction services, is seeking an experienced Superintendent to run Commercial Tenant Improvement projects for a large national semiconductor firm headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Projects are fast paced, detail oriented and require a highly motivated professional with an excellent work ethic. This position requires the individual to have excellent management, verbal and written communication skills as it will require direct interaction with the client's management team.
This position is for Santa Clara, CA.
The Stantec Construction Group is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
The Superintendent is responsible for supporting projects from contract award throughout final punch-list closeout. Typical projects are approximately 80,000 sf of Design-Build Commercial Tenant Improvement. They support various teams, including the scheduling and oversight of field staff.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of personnel and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Coordinate assigned work with work of different construction professionals, company departments, or other contractors. Oversee the performance and training of project teams and subcontractors. Maintain subcontractor relationships.
• Manage multiple large commercial construction projects simultaneously.
• Help develop, maintain and enforce schedule, ensure that all project objectives and milestones are met.
• Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor construction compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Assist with project pursuits in evaluation of construction scope(s), assessing appropriate manpower and work sequencing.
• Prepare daily activity plans to assure that requisite personnel, equipment and supplies are in place to ensure that the following days’ work will be conducted in a safe manner with minimal wasted effort.
• Ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Support close-out process.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Manager's direction.
Superintendent (CA) - Commercial Tenant Improvement
• At least six years experience supporting commercial tenant construction projects as a Superintendent with a General Contractor
• Willingness to work a rotating schedule including various shifts.
• Possess working knowledge and experience with large tenant improvement projects and shall have the ability to evaluate and compare alternatives for a variety of construction activities as related to interior construction/renovation/floor flip projects.
• Safety oriented
• Cost control, manpower planning and scheduling experience
• Leadership – able to lead a diverse, multi-faceted project team to achieve project goals. Relationship builder. Motivator. Drive the project. Teach and mentor others
• Ability to develop and maintain outstanding relations with labor and subcontractors
• Problem-solver – ability to anticipate problems and institute corrective measures when necessary
• Quality driven – outstanding track record in completing projects on time and under budget
• Excellent record keeping skills
• Ability and desire to train and mentor subordinate field staff
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Construction, Facilities, Project Management
• Experience with technology for manufacturing as it relates to facility design, construction, and management including cleanrooms and laboratories.
The Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and
capital construction services.
The Stantec Construction Group offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction Group is comprised of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
Stantec is an EEO employer – Stantec considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-Santa Clara