Stantec Site Manager - Commercial Tenant Improvement in Santa Clara, California
The Stantec Construction Group, providing industry-leading capital construction services, is seeking a Site Manager to provide management direction for small, medium, and large sized commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance projects for a large national semiconductor firm headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Projects are fast paced, detail-oriented and require a highly motivated professional with an excellent work ethic. This position requires the individual to have excellent management, verbal and written communication skills, as it will require direct interaction with the client's management team.
The Site Manager will support area operations and activities and take accountability for providing leadership, strategy and direction of commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance work.
The Site Manager will report to the Program Director and provide direction to various Project Managers. Client contact and relationship development is critical to the success of the role.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Manage financial aspects of small sites' projects to protect the company’s bottom line.
• Communicate with and foster collaborative relationships with other Stantec Construction Group operating units aimed at assuring successful delivery of construction management services to clients and the overall success of Program team.
• Successfully manage multiple, geographically dispersed, large complex initiatives and/or projects simultaneously.
• Lead complex teams through challenging project assignments and complex client environments.
• Recruit and lead a construction staff to work collaboratively with construction contractors to generate successful scopes of work, construction methodologies, systems and procedures that lead to optimal outcomes in time, cost and quality of built work.
• Accountable for assuring projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives within company profit model; work with Program Director to establish and implement a training program in support of all construction management staff levels.
• Assist Program Director in establishing and implementing program/project construction management objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy.
• Work in a manner to ensure personal safety and that fellow employees by implementing company health and safety guidelines, practices and policies.
• Consistently and successfully deploy solutions for key issues as assigned.
• Consistently adhere to and enforce internal company processes and policies such as business, safety and contracting rules.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
Site Manager - Commercial Tenant Improvement
•12+ years of experience in program/construction management, with large scale commercial and industrial building design.
• Bachelors in Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent experience and training/education.
• Skilled in staff development, client services, project control systems, problem solving, claims avoidance, cost control, and quality systems.
• Project management skills required.
• Ability to build winning teams.
• Client relationship (service) management skills required.
• Familiarity with Profit/Loss Statements and Project accounting required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills and strong belief in customer service.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and flexibility in an environment of tight deadlines, unexpected changes and frequent interruptions.
• Self-motivated; able to take the initiative, anticipate needs, work independently and carry projects through to completion with minimal guidance/direction.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and projects at once; superior organizational skills; attentive to details.
• Able to handle confidential and time-sensitive information with discretion.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Construction, Facilities, Project Management
• Technology related manufacturing experience as it relates to facility design, construction, and management including cleanrooms and laboratories.
• General maintenance and on-call service experience for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and
capital construction services.
The Stantec Construction Group offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction Group is comprised of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-Santa Clara