Stantec Project Engineer in Santa Clara, California
The Stantec Construction Group, providing industry-leading capital construction services, is seeking a Project Engineer in support of Commercial Office Tenant Improvement projects for a large national semiconductor firm in headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Projects are fast paced, detail oriented and require a highly motivated professional with an excellent work ethic. This is a position that requires the individual to have excellent management, verbal and written communication skills as it will require direct interaction with the client's management team.
The Stantec Construction Group is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will see an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assist with subcontractor procurement and management, package development, construction layout, material and equipment procurement, submittal review, manpower scheduling, quantity takeoffs, labor productivity reporting, document controls, material purchases, deliveries and inventory, and project controls.
• Perform ongoing Quality Inspections; verify all completed work complies with applicable permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• Prepare/facilitate and submit work method statements, ensure requisite approvals and permits are obtained prior to work commencement.
• Research; recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors initiate RFI’s and follow through to resolution.
• Establish and implement office procedures as they relate to the administration of construction contracts.
• Implement projects controls for distribution and record keeping of correspondence, technical records, and other project documents.
• Review all incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, review and process the Contractor’s pay applications, review of the project schedule, process RFI’s and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
• Ensure Project management systems are maintained up-to-date and accurate
• Assist with review and analyze Contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
• Assist estimating staff with quantity takeoffs and solicitation of subcontractors and material vendors.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees but following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assist in resolving construction problem/issues and perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
• 2-5 years of construction, design, and management experience; knowledge on commercial and industrial buildings is highly desired.
• Bachelors in Construction Management or Engineering degree from an ACCE or ABET accredited school, and a desire to have a career within the construction industry.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
• Ability to assume responsibility, and interface/communicate effectively with others. We are seeking a candidate with a determined mindset, able and willing to resolve problems and assist in successful outcomes within an at times, demanding construction project environment.
• Candidate must be organized and have the ability to multi-task. This position will require the individual to work on multiple projects and project teams.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including capital construction services, new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, and waste-to-energy construction.
The Stantec Construction Group offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
The Stantec Construction Group is comprised of MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-Santa Clara