Stantec Electrical Inspector in San Francisco, Walnut Creek, California
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Electrical Inspector to support project work in the Monterey, CA area.
The Electrical Inspector will be primarily responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Assurance Program, with guidance from the Quality Assurance Manager, Resident Engineer and ultimately the Construction Manager. It is the goal of the Quality Assurance program to construct all work in accordance with the project plans and specifications, as well as requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client. Benefits of the program include minimizing the cost of work by reducing the need for remedial work and expediting client acceptance of completed work.
• Provide single-point field inspection of contractor’s work, representing the Construction Manager in the field.
• Prepare for and plan and coordinate all field testing and inspections in accordance with the contract documents
• On a daily basis, monitor and record all work scope being executed and prepare a comprehensive daily report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized
• Review, analyze, and record any construction issues potentially resulting in a scope, time, or cost impact to the work of the contractor, which may result in a change to the contract
• Attend, as necessary, weekly progress meetings with contractor, including review of progress to planned schedule
• Ensure contractor prepares prompt requests for information (RFIs) for questions that may affect the construction schedule
• Work with Construction Manager to implement methodology and criteria to resolve any non-compliance notices previously issued
• Document compliance and non-compliance with established quality control and quality assurance procedures
• Prepare written reports documenting QA/QC inspections, non-compliance notices, and corrective actions
• Review and submit all test reports for inclusion in turnover documentation to client
• Ensure master as-built drawing information is being maintained by contractor / Maintain project as-built drawing file
• Develop project specific quality control and assurance documents and standards
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Relevant electrical inspection experience
• Minimum of 6 years of experience on municipal water and/or wastewater infrastructure and public works projects, such as treatment plants, pump stations, pipelines, tunnels, roads, traffic facilities, etc.
• Thorough understanding of construction safety, quality control, and general contract management requirements
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
Construction, Field Work
• Technical school or college degree
• APWA Certified Public Infrastructure Inspector
• ACIA registered Construction Inspector
• California Department of Public Health certification, Grade I Water Distribution Operator and Grade I Water Treatment Operator
• ICC certification
• NICET certification in Water/Wastewater Plants
• AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
• AWWA certification, Cross-Connection Specialist
• CISEC/QSP certification
• Cal OSHA Trench and Excavation
• Cal OSHA Confined Space
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-Walnut Creek
San Francisco, Walnut Creek