Stantec Senior Project Engineer - San Francisco in San Francisco, California
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to support project work on a large wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) project in San Francisco, CA.
This project is very unique in that it involves a new, cutting edge technology in the US wastewater market called Thermal Hydrolysis. This highly sophisticated technology essentially converts the biosolids from the treatment process into renewable energy. When completed, this will be one of only three Thermal Hydrolysis wastewater treatment plants in operation in the entire U.S.
Initial responsibilities will focus on activities such as managing mechanical/electrical /process integration (schedule, package interface, etc.). Subsequent and ongoing tasks will include providing technical support to project management and project supervision staff to ensure construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule and in accordance company policy and engineering standards.
General duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with subcontractor procurement and management, package development, construction layout, material and equipment procurement, submittal review, manpower scheduling, quantity takeoffs, labor productivity reporting, document controls, material purchases, deliveries and inventory, and project controls.
• Perform ongoing Quality Inspections; verify all completed work complies with applicable permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• Prepare drawings and sketching’s to support construction work, temporary works, work method statements, change orders, estimates, etc.
• Prepare/facilitate and submit work method statements, ensure requisite approvals and permits are obtained prior to work commencement.
• Research; recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors initiate RFI’s and follow through to resolution.
• Layout and provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
• Establish and implement office procedures as they relate to the administration of construction contracts.
• Implement projects controls for distribution and record keeping of correspondence, technical records, and other project documents.
• Review all incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, review and process the Contractor’s pay applications, review of the project schedule, process RFI’s and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
• Ensure Project management systems are maintained up-to-date and accurate
• Assist with review and analyze Contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
• Assist estimating staff with quantity takeoffs and solicitation of subcontractors and material vendors.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees but following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assist in resolving construction problem/issues and perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Senior Project Engineer - San Francisco
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related field; equivalent combination of experience, skills and training may be substituted.
• 5-10 years of construction, design, and management experience/knowledge.
• 5+ years of civil/structural/earthworks experience on large heavy civil construction projects.
• Onsite experience with a self-performing contractor, demonstrating successful performance on projects greater than $10M.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
• Ability to perform trigonometric calculations, either manually or with calculator.
• Ability to assume responsibility, and interfaces and communicates effectively with others.
• Familiarity with Project Management data base systems such as Primavera Contract Manager, Expedition, SharePoint, etc.
Civil Engineering, Construction, Field Work
• Prior experience with water/wastewater construction.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-San Francisco