Stantec Contracts Administrator - San Francisco in San Francisco, California
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a Contracts Administrator to support project work on a large wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) project in San Francisco, CA.
This project is very unique in that it involves a new, cutting edge technology in the US wastewater market called Thermal Hydrolysis. This highly sophisticated technology essentially converts the biosolids from the treatment process into renewable energy. When completed, this will be one of only three Thermal Hydrolysis wastewater treatment plants in operation in the entire U.S.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Manage the procurement task and resources.
• Ensure that all procurement resources and support services are available to provide sound and competent assessment and input for procurement alternatives.
• Develop, prepare, and implement the procurement strategy.
• Participate in preparation of contract documents, tendering, and negotiations.
• Coordinate with existing procurement, contracting, and technical staff.
• Support project management responsibilities.
• Provide regular reports and updates on contract(s) status and issues.
• Ensure that the procurement task is safely developed and implemented on time and on budget and that it meets needs all users’ requirements.
• Manage and direct the day-to-day work of the procurement and project controls staff on the project.
• Ensure identification and execution of contract requirements.
• Interface with client and vendors to ensure all contract requirements and concerns are met/resolved.
• Participate in project and program meetings.
• Identify and assess new opportunities for improvements to work processes, product, and/or services.
• Assist in developing best practices (standard policies and procedures).
Contracts Administrator - San Francisco
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction Mgmt. or Engineering
• 4 years of material/equipment purchasing, expediting and/or contract experience related to the heavy civil construction industry.
• Understanding of typical project management and risk management processes and standards.
• Ability to manage diverse and complex teams.
• Ability to drive decision making through consensus building.
• Ability to find solutions that add value and address competing interests at least life cycle cost.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and negotiating skills.
• Well developed problem resolution, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational, supervisory and planning skills.
Construction, Contracts Procurement, Project Planning and Controls
• Established relationships with suppliers of water/wastewater equipment and materials preferred.
• Experience with Prolog Project Management Software.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-San Francisco