Stantec Commercial Manager in San Francisco, California
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to support our new 7 year/$1b wastewater infrastructure project in San Francisco, CA.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating the commercial aspects of the entire project cycle. In addition, the Commercial Manager will participate and assist in cost monitoring, scheduling, risk management, document control, and budget reviews. The ideal candidate will possess business management and construction claims/disputes acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational, negotiation and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
• Understand the contractual requirements of project documents, including the roles and responsibilities and notices required to record changes. Ensure all required notices are issued in a timely manner.
• Provide project controls and risk management support to the project team.
• Establish and maintain document management, construction cost, and claims management systems for the project.
• Assist and perform schedule reviews and reports on construction schedules.
• Risk and opportunity management for project:
o Management (with operations team) of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return;
o Identification and implementation of mitigation measures; and
o Identify & highlight early warning signs, and timely corrective actions to avoid project delays and revenue loss.
• Understand contract law, GAAP rules and regulations;
• Attend project meetings.
• Review monthly payment applications.
• Assist with processing of submittals, RFIs, and other project correspondence.
• Assist with project closeout.
• Prepare written correspondence to program participants.
• Identification, preparation, and assistance with negotiation of claims.
• Use legal expertise to assist with dispute resolution.
• 7+ years’ experience working on water/wastewater or other complex public works or large industrial construction projects.
• Understanding of construction/engineering industry contracts.
• Experience with interpretation of construction contracts regarding entitlement and quantum.
• Familiarity with project reporting and creation of monthly construction reports.
• Ability to use and interpret contract documents, drawings, schedule, and quality control plans.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Understanding of document management systems, cost accounting systems, construction cost estimates, and project schedules.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
*Please note that some training may be provided as necessary.
Construction, Contracts Procurement, Legal
• Law degree.
• 12+ years’ experience working on complex public works or large industrial construction projects.
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH Constructors leads the Stantec Construction Group comprising MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-California-San Francisco