Stantec Civil CAD Technician (Salford Quays) in Salford, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Civil CAD Technician based at our head office in Salford Quays, you provide superior quality engineering draughting services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on design and build contracts.
You will report directly to the Civil Design Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Work fluently in 3D and 2D to produce structural and topographical models and drawings to the agreed level of detail.
• Produce civil general arrangement and site layout drawings which are clear, accurate, cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned safely and effectively using AutoCAD or Revit
• Work closely with the design and site teams to maximise the use of design for manufacture and assembly techniques (DFMA).
• Ensure that standard practices and details are utilised wherever possible
• Ensure that previous similar solutions are adapted and utilised wherever possible.
• Maintain competitiveness by ensuring models and drawings are produced within the durations indicate.
• Ensure drawing co-ordination and 3D model federation with all other disciplines internal and external to Stantec Treatment
• Ensure 3D model/drawing checking and review procedures are followed
• Carry out spatial co-ordination and clash detection on equipment, building steelwork and pipework resolving any clash issues highlighted
• Review supplier/sub-contractor 3D models/drawings submitted (in their native form), convert and federate into the Stantec Treatment 3D model and 2D drawings
• Maintain 3D model/drawing files and records throughout the duration of contracts within a common data environment (CDE)
• Upload outputs to online client/contractor collaboration systems
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
• Assist in ensuring a safe working environment for all staff.
• Apply the principals of lean construction to reduce waste to a minimum from all discipline activities
• Ensure that 3D models/drawings take full regard of all health and safety requirements
Civil CAD Technician (Salford Quays)
• Experience of producing site layouts
• Understanding of the principles of engineering drawing conception and development
• Ability to effectively operate CAD systems ( AutoCAD)
• Good 3D experience (Revit is preferred)
• Experience of using Bentley Projectwise
• Experience of using online client collaboration systems
• Ability to work effectively with remote designers and detailer
• Understanding of the company’s drawing and design development procedures.
• Understanding of the principals of BIM level 2 and PAS1192-2
• Ability to produce 3D models/engineering drawings and associated information to a standard appropriate to ensure efficient construction
• Experience working within the Water Industry
• Ability to rationalise drawings and assist in the development of economic plant layouts
• Knowledge of the general requirements of a construction team
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):