Stantec Business Center Sector Leader in Sacramento, California
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has a unique ability to connect with our projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are growing! We are actively seeking a new marketing and business development leader to support our Waterpower & Dams team. This position, a Business Center Sector Lead (BCSL), would join our technical team, and be based in one of our Eastern U.S. offices. Stantec’s Waterpower & Dams team pursues and executes hydropower and dams projects of varying size and complexity throughout the world. The successful candidate will be someone with strong leadership, communication and business acumen who will help set the vision for how the Waterpower & Dams business line expands its business within the Eastern U.S. and partner with other geographies and business lines in the identification and pursuit of key opportunities for Stantec.
This senior-level position reports to the North American Business Sector Leader for the Waterpower & Dams Business Line and works collaboratively with Stantec’s Waterpower & Dams Leadership team. This role will involve identifying, developing, and winning opportunities with new and existing clients and growing our business in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors to achieve top line growth for the Waterpower & Dams Business, and supporting the Managing and Technical Discipline Leads to achieve sales and growth metrics.
• Leading and implementing business development strategies for key clients and pursuits and documenting progress through the use of key performance indicators, financial progress reporting, etc.
• Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Waterpower & Dams North American Business Line, with accountability for strategies and priorities in the Eastern United States.
• Participating in and leading marketing and business development meetings and performing client surveys.
• Development of the annual business plan and assisting in the development of the budget for the business center.
• Attracting key staff to Stantec’s Waterpower & Dams team to facilitate growth.
• Working collaboratively and communicating regularly with business center, regional and national sector leadership to achieve key performance metrics.
• Coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders.
• Promoting a strong health and safety culture within the business center.
• Frequent travel to meet with clients within the Eastern U.S. geography is required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• BSCE, BSME, BSEE or related discipline with at least 10 years professional experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of the hydropower and dams market in the Eastern United States.
• Strong business development skills with an entrepreneurial orientation, including experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in the Eastern United States is considered a strong asset).
• Successful experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expressions of Interest, and Statements of Qualifications.
• Leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the success of this position.
• The strengths, experience and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team on pursuits and client development.
• Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose.
Job ID 34205
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Power Engineering