Architectural Designer - ( 220002RP )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
You will work on tasks under the guidance of a Senior Designer or Architect. This is an entry level Architect Intern design role. You will support all aspects of the project process from validation/pre-design through construction administration within a variety of healthcare projects of all sizes. Exposure to the practice of architecture is imperative and we focus on providing opportunities for you to experience the multi-facets of a project.
Your Key Responsibilities
Assists project lead with the following tasks;
- Development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Evaluation and selection of building systems and materials.
- Site analysis, research of concept, benchmarks, typology, and precedents.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs, prepare site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks.
- Coordination of specs with construction documents.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Graphic design for pursuits during RFP, RFQ stage
Supports project team with the following tasks;
- Development of design documentation.
- Utilizing BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Interpreting and applying building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Preparing and revising documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, and details.
- Coordinates building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
Participates in design critiques and pin-ups.
Attends project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
Participates in team environment which may include co-location on-site for projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Basic understanding and application of accessibility codes and applicable building codes.
Basic understanding of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards is expected.
Basic understanding of all phases of architectural document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
Willing to learn and approach your role with an open mind.
Ability to conduct space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
Ability to develop floor plans, wall sections, and details.
Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of architectural document production.
Ability to engage in creative and critical thought. To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material. To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written)
Strong Revit competency required prefer experience with BIM360 and Autodesk Creative Cloud
Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with Abobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Bluebeam, Newforma.
Healthcare sector experience preferred but not required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field. Minimum of 1 year of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-California-Sacramento
Organization : BC-2014 Buildings-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 4, 2022, 8:01:17 AM
Req ID: 220002RP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans