Stantec Environmental Technical Specialist in Roma, Italy
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
Headquartered in Edmonton, Canada, Stantec is one of the world’s top 10 architecture and engineering design and consulting companies. Our community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. From initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning, our work as engineers, architects, scientists and consultants is built on a nearly 200-year history. In Italy, Stantec has been operating since 1973 and today, the Italian operations have grown to about 140 staff members mainly working from Milan and Rome. The Italian team has developed considerable expertise in executing sustainable energy, water, infrastructure and environmental projects in Italy and abroad.
Stantec trades on the Toronto and New York stock exchange markets under the symbol STN.
As part of our strategy to increase the thecnical services in Italy with our internal staff in Rome, you will be providing technical inputs on the on-going projects for O&G and Manifacturing Clients. Our current portfolio includes technical assistance projects in Remediation, H&S, Due Diligence, and Sustainability. You will also participate to the commercial development of new projects in your respective field of expertise but working as technical expert on project will remain your priority. You will be required to demonstrate a combination of discipline, flexibility, efficient client relationship and precision in all tasks. The position is based in Rome with regular travels through Italy.
What will you be doing
As you have a wide experience in remediation sites in Italy, you will manage subcontractors and resources to achieve technical solution in remediation environmental projects. Design and manage complex and simple environmental processes, also contacting PP.AA. and Clients, is you focus. 2/3 days a week will be spent in the client sites.
Environmental Technical Specialist
• University degree with ideally a background in Enviroment
• At least 6 years of experience in delivering expertise on renewable energy, energy efficiency or climate change actions in a development country (project field experience in Africa is considered an asset)
• A previous experience working with an EU Delegation is considered an asset
• Experience drafting technical reports (deliverables) concisely, of high quality and meeting client/beneficiary needs and deadlines
• Previous experience in building professional relationships with public institutions/private sector/civil society and maintaining momentum in a development context will be an asset
• Solid written and spoken English and French are required
• IT-skills: advanced use of MS Office, Word, Excel
• Team player, able to work in a multicultural team together with freelance senior/local experts and take responsibility/ownership of the work to be performed
• Work ethics, dynamism and ability to cope with multiple tasks.
Engineering Other, Environmental Engineer, Environmental Health & Safety, Environmental Science, Environmental Services, Geological Engineer, Geotechnical Engineering
This position will take place in our office in Rome, Italy. If you are meeting the above requirements and ready to work in a fast-growing department and in an international environment, please submit your detailed CV (in English only) and motivation letter through our website http://www.stantec.com/careers.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
Italy - Rome