Stantec Senior Quantity Surveyor (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a Senior Quantity Surveyor for our SMB joint venture framework. Based at our Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) office you will be providing commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams.
SMB, the joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and the responsibilities will include:
• Understanding and implementing the contractual requirements of project documents, including the roles and responsibilities of all involved
• Cost management for project/section of works
• Value/change management for project/section of works
• Maintaining project risk and opportunities schedule
• Assisting procurement in the preparation and issue of subcontract documentation, enquiries and negotiations
• Financial reporting
• Providing training and support for junior commercial staff and operational staff
• Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims
• Working in compliance with the contract management tools i.e. Cemar, IFS
• Final account, preparation, audit and agreement
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Thames Water)
• A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
• BSc or HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
• Financially astute
• Relevant CSCS Card
• NEC3 knowledge and experience
• Water industry experience
• Civils experience
• M&E experience
• Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
Business Management, Management Other
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):