Stantec Senior Planner (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their planning team with a Planner for our SMB joint venture framework. Based at the Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) office you will be expected to assist the programme controls manager to further develop and improve the eight2O programme.
SMB, the joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the lead planner and the responsibilities will include:
• Work with eight2O programme controls lead, project managers and project planners in schedule development and milestone definition, in managing the alignment of scope, time and cost, coding, resource loading, applying logic and establishing performance measurement baselines to record and track progress on schedules.
• Work with project controllers and cost managers to integrate time and cost.
• Ensure the month-end reporting process is supported and achieved by the project teams
• Promote the development and co-ordination of schedules at project level assuring alignment and integration.
• Apply critical path analysis and minimise organisational risk by identifying the critical path for contracts.
• Produce progress reports showing variance against the baselines
• Produce RAG status reports, based against time
• Enable Project Management to control the progress of contracts by identifying and producing integrated programmes of work, monitoring performance against plans and identifying problem areas and other effects.
• Enable control of the progress of procurement by producing schedules for all materials and equipment, updating regularly and analysing the implications of updates.
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
• In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the Programme Management Team and eight2O as along with maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships.
Senior Planner (Thames Water)
• Civil Engineering/M&E/Building experience.
• Extensive planning experience
• Possess sound understanding of planning skills and programming.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
• Experience in water and waste treatment plants
• Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline
• Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety.
Project Planning and Controls
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):