Stantec Environmental Advisor (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their SHEQ team with an Environmental Advisor for our SMB joint venture framework. Based at our Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) office you will travel around the Thames valley and London regions supporting and assisting in the delivery of project environmental objectives and targets.
SMB, the joint venture between Stantec Treatment, Skanska, and Balfour Beatty are delivering on behalf of Thames water one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK.
You will report directly to the Environmental Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Promote continuous improvement of environmental / sustainability performance of the projects
• Develop and outline the business case for sustainable initiatives – thereby demonstrating the commercial benefit of green initiatives.
• Participate in the development, regular review and update of the project environmental management systems.
• Provide direction, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental duties and responsibilities.
• Assist in the development and delivery of suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff.
• Raise environment/sustainability awareness and community relations awareness (where appointed)
• Carry out site inspections and ensure legal compliance to applicable environmental legislation is maintained
• Support external liaison with regulators i.e. Environment Agency, Local Authorities etc.
• Continuously promote and seek recognition from the client and external bodies (e.g. award bodies) thereby demonstrating visible environmental excellence throughout the project.
Environmental Advisor (Thames Water)
• Degree level in appropriate Environmental / Sustainability discipline
• Previous experience within a construction environment
• Relevant CSCS card
• Member of a relevant professional body or demonstrable relevant experience in the environment and sustainability field.
Health & Safety
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):