Stantec Environmental Advisor (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their Environmental team with an Environmental Advisor for our SMB (Thames Water Framework). Within this role you will support and assist in the delivery of the project Environmental objectives and targets whilst promoting continuous improvement and efficiency through sustainable and environmentally sound innovation
SMB, the joint venture between Skanska, Stantec Treatment and Balfour Beatty, has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water’s £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a ‘super alliance’ of industry-leading organisations.
You will be based out of our maple lodge office with travel around the Thames Valley and Greater London regions. You will report to the Head of SHEQ duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Promote continuous improvement of environmental / sustainability performance of the project by fulfilling the duties of an Environmental Adviser.
• Develop and outline the business case for sustainable initiatives – thereby demonstrating the commercial benefit of green initiatives.
• Be familiar with and communicate the requirements of current applicable environmental legislation, particularly with an understanding of infrastructure and related applicable environmental legislation.
• Participate in the development, regular review and update of the project Environmental Management System.
• Provide direction, support and assistance to all project personnel to enable them to manage their environmental duties and responsibilities.
• Assist in the development and delivery of suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff.
• Represent and promote the Environment Department in meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums.
• Raise environment/sustainability awareness and community relations awareness (where appointed)
• Carry out site inspections and ensure legal compliance to applicable environmental legislation is maintained.
• Support external liaison with regulators i.e. Environment Agency, Local Authorities etc.
• Continuously promote and seek recognition from the client and external bodies (e.g. Award bodies) thereby demonstrating visible environmental excellence throughout the project.
Environmental Advisor (Thames Water)
• Degree level in appropriate Environmental / Sustainability discipline
• Utility Industry Experience (desirable).
• Full driving licence
• Moderate IT skills and awareness of knowledge management.
• Member of a relevant professional body or demonstrable relevant experience in the environment and sustainability field. (desirable)
We are an equal opportunities employer
Health & Safety
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):