Stantec Area Engagement Lead (Thames Water) in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their Operations team with an Area Engagement Lead for our SMB (Thames Water) joint venture framework. Based at our Maple Lodge (Rickmansworth) or Borehamwood office you will work alongside operational teams in leading the operations engagement activity for AMP6 projects, ensuring the successful (time, quality, budget) delivery of sustainable project outcomes which have the full support of the End User. There are 2 roles available and one of the roles is for a 6 month secondment.
SMB, the joint venture between Skanska, Stantec Treatment and Balfour Beatty, has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water’s £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a ‘super alliance’ of industry-leading organisations.
You will report directly to the Senior Engagement Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Lead the engagement between operations and the project delivery teams from the very outset of a project throughout its lifecycle including post take-over.
• Ensure that the root cause of any need is fully understood by the project team and that the proposed resolution meets the requirements of the End User, taking into account the desired outcomes and available totex budget.
• Develop relationships with the project delivery teams to ensure a culture of End User involvement is embedded across the programme.
• Understand all needs across your area of responsibility and review synergies between projects in your portfolio and the wider AMP6 programme
• Ensure the project teams take into account any operational restrictions during the delivery phase including commissioning and take-over.
• Adopt the standardised approach to operational engagement to ensure efficient governance and the operational engagement meets the necessary quality standards.
• Support operations during the take-over process, ensuring all appropriate training, documentation and systems updates have been completed.
• Support operations post take-over to ensure the benefits are embedded and that the projected operational requirements are achieved. Where necessary implement and manage improvements post take-over.
Area Engagement Lead (Thames Water)
• Extensive operational understanding and experience across Thames Water
• Understanding of the challenges faced by operational teams
• Ability to identify and breakdown system processes, operational and technological difficulties to assist in the development of solutions
• Experience in managing operational interventions
• Experience in liaising with capital delivery project teams
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):