Stantec Traffic Engineer in Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Job:
In the role of Traffic Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support on complex transportation projects. You will be accountable for all technical aspects of project work you undertake and also provide on-the-job training to graduates and junior team members. You will be required to work both independently and collaboratively within project teams and will be responsible to Project Managers, Project Technical Leaders and the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) for the production of high quality work while meeting specified project program deadlines and budgets.
• Responsible for providing technical expertise with regard to transportation related projects to ensure that project outcomes in terms of schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the Client’s and Stantec’s expectations.
• Be proactive in the transfer of knowledge by providing on-the-job technical training to staff with the service line.
• Provide specialist input to expressions of interest and proposals.
• Provide input on quality, safety and compliance with relevant national standards.
• Assist the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) to implement Stantec’s Asia Pacific Transportation Business Strategy.
• Drive the culture and direction of the workgroup through performance management, business improvement, performance measurement and reporting.
• Represent Stantec at peak industry and technical forums.
• Embed the core values and operating culture in day to day to business
Human Relations Management:
• Support and supervise staff, contractors and consultants to ensure the timely, effective and efficient performance of all activities.
• Support the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) in identifying capability gaps and developing strategies to close gaps.
• Policy & Procedures – Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with Stantec’s Policy & Procedures.
• Revenue & Project Profitability – Achievement of project revenue and profitability targets for modelling projects.
• Client Satisfaction – Assist the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) in promoting Stantec Transportation as a top tier industry professional and trusted partner.
• Knowledge Transfer – Actively participate on the continued transfer of relevant technical skills to team members.
• Strategy, Business Planning, Technical Excellence – Support the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) in the implementation of strategic and operational plans for service line.
• Staff Development & Team Harmony – Lead, develop and retain a highly skilled and motivated team of professionals.
• Sector Growth – Assist the Team Leader (Transportation Modelling) in delivering the strategic objectives for the workgroup.
• 1. Accredited or working towards getting accredited in the US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
Experience using EMME.
Programming and scripting languages such as C, VB and Python.
Basic understanding of geometric design of roadways and cycleways.
Transit Oriented Development (ToD) planning.
Experience conducting statistical modelling.
Master Planning experience.
About Company: Visit us at www.mwhglobal.com and www.stantec.com, or find us on social media.
We always design with community in mind. The MWH community, now part of Stantec, unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. This work is built on a nearly 200-year history. With a heritage in water, our world’s most precious resource, we safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide. Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities around the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):