Stantec Team Lead, Functional Operations in Pune, India
Your Key Responsibilities
• Assisting with management of the activities and performance of the IBA Operations team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provide management to direct reports and support the overall team, including recruiting new hires.
• Work with your team to address personnel or project issues as they arise.
• Provide guidance, coaching, feedback, and support to team members.
• Establish and support career development plans with employees.
• Keep peers and managers informed on the status of issues.
• Communicate risks and recommend solutions to stakeholders and management.
• Provide consultation on the capabilities of application technology to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
• Perform quality reviews on the team members’ deliverables.
• Planning and coordinating centralized system update and maintenance activities such as:
• Monitor and respond in a timely manner to incidents and service interruptions logged by end users using Microsoft System Center Service Management (SCSM) ensuring all tickets are assigned and completed.
• Resolve functional problems effectively and efficiently working with internal technical teams, and external vendors to identify work around, root cause, and fix.
• Log service requests with vendors and coordinate diagnostics, requested actions, and perform testing.
• Collaborate with and/or escalate incidents to Agile product teams when front-end resolution does not appear evident.
• Execute SQL database queries to assist in data analysis.
• Monitoring, reviewing exceptions, troubleshooting, and communicating the results of Oracle concurrent processing minimizing impact to business users and meeting the key control requirements.
• Execute a variety of tasks in support of acquisition migrations.
• Execute formal testing by participating in testing activities such as test case creation, execution and issue resolution utilizing qTest.
• Identify opportunities to reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users or functional/technical changes.
• Assess impacts of functional changes to the system, including upstream and downstream system flows; and develop appropriate unit test plans to mitigate risk of changes negatively impacting the business.
• Planning and executing a wide range of small initiatives as part of ongoing operational requirements. Supervising/providing guidance on initiatives led by other teams.
• Document functional designs and configurations using tools such as the Atlassian product suite, Microsoft Office, Visio. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
• Leading and participating in team internal process development and improvement activities.
• Leading and developing process documentation procedures/policies to ensure adequate documentation exists to support business continuity, incident troubleshooting and staff training.
• Adhere to Stantec’s Solution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Management procedures.
• Able to work flexible hours if required, which may include periodic weekends.
Team Lead, Functional Operations
• Experience leading an application support team.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, highly collaborative, global environment.
• Excellent understanding of accounting and human resources principles, concepts, and processes.
• Strong soft skills and ability to empower team members as well as motivate them to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to coach, guide, and provide constructive feedback to team members.
• Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and project management skills.
• Substantial Oracle experience (eBusiness Suite and cloud applications); in a support role.
• Experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle following best practice methodologies like the Agile practices.
• Understanding of ITIL practices.
• Test planning, preparation and execution experience a definite asset.
• Demonstrated process improvement history.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
• Strategic thinker, but with a diligence for accuracy, documentation, and structure.
• Oracle eBusiness implementation experience is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
• Completion of a post-secondary Business, Finance, or Information Technology related program or comparable experience.
• Hands on experience with Oracle E-Business Suite in one or more of the following modules: Projects, Financials, HR, Payroll.
• 7-10 years of experience over a diversity of system functions.
• Prior experience in a supervisory role managing support, task assignment, prioritization, and delivery.
Software Development, Software Programming
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!