Stantec Structural Engineer – O & G in Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Job:
Contribute to the ongoing growth of STANTEC ResourceNet Private India Ltd by providing technical expertise in the various sectors, as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering conceptual design, outline design, detailed design and construction support for buildings, water/ wastewater treatment, Oil & Gas projects across the STANTEC offices (UK, US, Middle East, Asia Pacific etc.). To be involved in the implementation and delivery of leading edge programmes and projects.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical support to ensure that project outcomes in terms of budget, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and STANTEC expectations.
• Knowledge of Codes and Standards – loads, load paths and design
• Seismic and Wind load calculations and analysis
• Structural Analysis
• Knowledge of concrete and steel structures – design
• Optioneering and outline design relating to buildings
• Preparation of technical reports/ drawings
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities
• Guiding Engineering/ CAD team for quality delivery
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor/management,
• Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
Structural Engineer – O & G
• Master’s degree in Structural Engineering
• Should have minimum experience of 10+ years in Analysis and design of reinforced concrete and structural steel, multistoried/ high rise buildings with complex geometries and difficult foundation situations.
• Understanding of the engineering principles, basic structural analysis and design concepts
• Proficiency in design using US/ Canadian codes and other regulations related to O&G industry
• Good experience of using software like STAAD-Pro, SAP2000 and other structural analysis tools like MATHCAD, Excel worksheets, EnerCalc, L-pile
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation preferred
• Experience in Data / Document management system - ProjectWise, BIM360
• Innovative, result oriented, provide ideas and work on them
• Technical report writing skills
• General knowledge of construction techniques and practices, construction management
• Capable to analyze, assess, evaluate the issues, complexity pertaining to projects / work packages and support the team lead in mitigating them in advance
• Competent level of baseline skills, i.e. professional and confident with the essential, basic business and communication skills that are required for career growth in all positions
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to personal professional development
• Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and pro-active attitude to execution / delivery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Structural Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!