Stantec Software Engineer - Digital Practice in Pune, India
Title: Software Engineer – Digital Practice team – RNet Pune
Stantec’s Digital Practice Team in India is a fast-growing team. For the last two decades, this IT team is providing a variety of software automation, customization, business continuity solutions, and services for our global clients. The Digital Practice experts conduct research and development to keep our global teams and projects ahead of the technological curve. We work on emerging technology solutions for a variety of business sectors. Our goal is to be an accelerator of growth for Stantec and add value to our clients and communities with niche and advance technology solutions.
The Digital Practice Team in India works with several regions US, UK, CANADA, and ANZ, to name a few, and builds Digital Solutions and I.P. The team supports our multi-disciplinary engineering Design Deliverables with Engineering Software customization and automation services. As a Software Engineer, you will work with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and develop applications used directly by our clients. This team has developed a series of productivity tools and migrating those to newer emerging technologies.
The Digital Practice team works closely with our Design Delivery Leaders, Business Leaders, and clients to develop solutions to provide high quality & on-time deliverables.
The Digital Practice team is looking for a self-motivated software developer who can work with minimal supervision and has a passion for coding. This software developer will work with a dynamic team of developers to take the design through to implementation. We implement a range of technologies and frameworks to meet the needs of our clients. On the client side, we favor single-page application architectures based on React, Angular to name a few.
Responsibilities will include helping build out current and future digital solutions—working on the back end and front-end development as needed.
As a Software Engineer, you will provide the expertise on how to build applications from the ground up on the latest and greatest tech, or how to augment existing assets to maximize value to our clients. You will also have an opportunity to have many careers in one Firm.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer, you will:
• Proficient in Object Oriented Concepts
• C# Dot Net development experience (Windows/Web)
• SharePoint development experience- SPFx, CSOM
• Experience in working on SQL server or similar databases.
• Experience in Microsoft Azure development (App services, Azure functions, cloud storage accounts) using DevOps.
Software Engineer - Digital Practice
Education and Experience
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Deep understanding of relevant core technologies, libraries, and processes
• Deep understanding of the technologies in C#, SQL Server, React/Redux
• Good understanding of various design patterns.
• Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
• No code development tools - PowerApps/ Power Automate/Power BI development experience.
• Development Experience using Node JS.
• PowerShell scripting
• General awareness about Engineering Design applications from Bentley and Autodesk.
• Experience with .NET core or .NET standards
• Microsoft Azure development certifications will be a plus.
• Solid technical foundation with a degree in Computer Science or related field with 4 to 8 years of experience
• Willing to work in flexible hours to co-ordinate with our regional counterparts mainly from CANADA, US, UK, ANZ
Software Development, Software Programming
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!