Stantec Service Desk Analyst in Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Service Desk Analysts are the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance for technology issues relating to company supported computer applications and platforms. They serve as members of the ITSC Team by providing technical support over the phone, remotely and occasionally in person, and maintaining the smooth operation of Stantec. Service Desk Analysts are under the management of the Team Lead, Service Desk.
Primary responsibility is prompt, courteous customer support and service - respond professionally to requests for technical assistance via phone, remotely or in person (where applicable). Be present and visible in the Service Desk and available to customers requiring technical assistance. Follow-up on customer interactions, assessing whether this should be by phone, in person or email depending on the nature of follow-up required. Attention should be given to achieving First Call Resolution (FCR) as much as possible.
• Be willing to find answers to all questions addressed to them.
• Be ready to research questions using a variety of resources, and work with other IT and affiliated staff in answering customer questions.
• Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues to the best of their ability and redirect issues to other Tiers or Resources as appropriate.
• Advise customers on appropriate action.
• Identify and appropriately escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Document resolutions: attaching relevant information to tickets, record details of inquiries, actions taken, communicate and coordinate with internal departments and customers.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates
• Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment to provide excellent customer support.
• Stay abreast of current news, system information, problems, changes and updates relevant to our customer community.
• Be willing to learn as he/she progresses in his/her position and as he/she is faced with new questions and situations.
• Familiarize themselves with the research and information resources and knowledge bases at hand to provide solutions to questions.
• Learn the functions of other Tiers and Resources for the purpose of triaging inquiries/ticket assignments appropriately.
• Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures;
• Accurately log all interactions using ticketing software.
• Process forms according to procedure.
• Manage customers' accounts.
• Participate in an on-call rotation if required.
• Have an understanding of ITIL, SOX and ISO 20000 and abide by all best practices and policies accordingly.
• Ensure they are meeting or exceeding the Goals and Objectives outlined in their CDPR.
• Other duties as assigned by the Team Lead, Service Desk.
Service Desk Analyst
Person Skills and Competences:
• Minimum of 2 years IT service desk experience or a Customer Support experience in an IT environment.
• Diploma / Certificate or Degree in IT related studies
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to learn new technology and applications
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to educate and teach customers how to use technology and software
• Experience with call logging systems and service desk processes and procedures (preferred)
• An understanding of IT service Management principals
• ITSM ticketing tools such as MS Service Manager (preferred), Remedy, HP Service Center,
• Experience in supporting applications like MS Office 365, Lync 2013, VPN
• Windows Operating systems
• Knowledge of Active Directory
• Advanced OS or PC Troubleshooting skills
• Basic ITIL Knowledge (Foundation is preferred)
• Remote desktop connectivity applications
Business Support, IT/IS
About Company: Visit us at www.mwhglobal.com and www.stantec.com, or find us on social media.
We always design with community in mind. The MWH community, now part of Stantec, unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. This work is built on a nearly 200-year history. With a heritage in water, our world’s most precious resource, we safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide. Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities around the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):