Stantec Senior Mechanical Engineer- WATER in Pune, India
Contribute to the ongoing growth of Stantec ResourceNet Private India Ltd by providing technical expertise in the area of all mechanical plant, as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering conceptual design, outline design, detailed design and construction support for water, wastewater treatment and pumping station projects across the Stantec offices. To be involved in the implementation and delivery of leading edge programmes and projects.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical expertise to ensure that project outcomes in terms of profit, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and Stantec expectations.
• Mechanical design of pump stations and pipelines and equipment sizing calculations and selection
• Produce the technical mechanical specifications and deliverables
• Produce mechanical schedules such (valve, penstocks, equipment and lifting)
• Mechanical plant general arrangement drawings for outline design and detailed design
• Prepare technical reports/drawings
• Whole Life Cost analysis
• Produce Bill of Quantities
• Piping layout and Isometric drawings
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor/management
• Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
• Need to travel offshore for training/on-site work: Occasionally
Senior Mechanical Engineer- WATER
• Bachelor/ Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Reasonable knowledge of hydraulics
• Knowledge of 2D and 3D drafting software such as AutoCAD, REVIT MEP preferred
• Have excellent data manipulation abilities (MS Excel/MS Access database type packages)
• Technical report writing skills
• Competent level of baseline skills, i.e. professional and confident with the essential, basic business and communication skills that are required for career growth in all positions.
• Professional chartership from recognised institutions such as ICE, CIWEM, Engineers Australia, etc. would be an advantage.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!