Stantec Senior Internal Auditor in Pune, India
• Works independently with only limited direction and guidance and provides appropriate direction to other team members;
• Plans and performs SOX, internal audit and consulting projects, including complex and sensitive engagements;
• Thinks strategically to effectively establish the appropriate audit objectives and scope to meet client expectations;
• Evaluates findings in the context of the implications for the entire organization (i.e., “big picture”);
• Reviews files to ensure that a high level of quality is maintained and that auditing standards are followed;
• Can successfully lead exit meetings with the audit client to present the results and garner management support for the audit report and its recommendations;
• Establishes and monitors targets for internal auditors (where applicable), ensuring both quality and productivity;
• Recognizes and defuses potentially confrontational situations;
• Manages group dynamics and interpersonal relationships within and across teams;
• Performs multiple projects, working with various team members to meet budgets and deadlines;
• Builds positive working relationships with stakeholders including clients, management and the external auditor;
• Keeps abreast of emerging issues and external regulatory requirements that have assurance implications;
• Contributes to a team-oriented and continuous improvement environment within Stantec; and
• Up to 25% domestic and international travel will be required, 1-2 weeks in duration.
Senior Internal Auditor
• A Professional Degree in Accounting;
• 3-6 years of relevant post-designation experience within a large, complex environment in some or all the following areas: public accounting, internal auditing and/or SOX compliance;
• Private sector experience is considered an asset;
• Certification in auditing or fraud examination is considered an asset (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)) – if candidate does not have a certification, then candidate must commence the process to obtain a certification within the first year
• Excellent understanding of internal auditing standards: International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), COSO and risk assessment practices;
• Superior skills in project management, analysis, problem solving and oral and written communication;
• Confidence and the ability to work with all levels of staff and management within a large international company;
• Ability to tie details to the “big picture”;
• Sound judgment; and
• Has led and/or supervised a team.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Auditing
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!