Stantec Senior Hydraulic Modeller in Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Job:
Contribute to the ongoing growth of Stantec ResourceNet Private India Ltd by providing technical expertise in specialist areas of gravity network modelling (sewerage and stormwater). To be involved in the implementation and delivery of leading-edge programmes and projects.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical expertise to ensure that project outcomes in terms of profit, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and Stantec expectations.
Lead hydraulic modelling team for community development sector. Act independently on technical matters related to engineering designs and regulatory compliance, as well as work with regional technical experts to clarify and resolve technical issues.
• Lead Hydraulic modelling team and develop team strength as per strategic growth plan
• Assist sector lead in business development
• Model build and validation, Model calibration
• Optioneering and outline design of hydraulic solutions
• Preparation of technical reports / drawings
• Responsible for quality deliverables meeting the Client standards
• Check / Review models and reports prepared by junior teammates
• Working with GIS databases
• Handling and managing large data sets for analysis
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor/management,
• Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
• Need to travel offshore for training/on-site work: Occasionally
Senior Hydraulic Modeller
• Master’s degree in civil/ Environmental Engineering with 12+ years of experience and at least 5 years of experience working on and managing hydraulic modelling design projects in UK and or NA
• Professional chartership from recognized institutions such as PE, ICE, CIWEM, Engineers Australia
• Expert in 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling, model calibration, hydraulics and hydrology for stormwater management / networks, Site Drainage, Sewerage collection and disposal.
• Expert in hydraulic modelling software – MicroDrainage.
• Experience in other modelling software such as InfoWorks ICM, InfoSWMM, Bentley StormCAD, Bentley CivilStorm, HECRAS etc. is plus.
• Have excellent data manipulation abilities (POWER BI, MS Excel, MS Access database type packages)
• Good skills in GIS packages, MapInfo, ArcGIS preferred
• Expert in technical report writing
• Excellent level of client service management, i.e. able to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships with clients
• Capable to analyses, assess, evaluate the issues, complexity pertaining to projects / work packages and mitigate them appropriately
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to personal professional development
• Competent level of baseline skills, i.e. professional and confident with the essential, basic business and communication skills that are required for career growth in all positions
• Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and pro-active attitude to execution / delivery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Modeller
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!