• Perform various project accounting activities like Job set up/maintenance, back up, Transfers, Invoicing etc.
• Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval to US PA’s delegated
• Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PM’s/PA’s post appropriate approvals
• Assist the team in preparation of various scheduled & adhoc reports on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis such as project performance reports, unbilled reports, task billing reports etc.
• Reviewing and Posting Labor/Equipment record in Oracle upon receipt of logs from PM’s
• Adhere to SOP’s for performing all activities assigned, Follow all corporate policies and report any inconsistencies to immediate supervisor
• Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures
• Ready to handle voluminous data with expected quality and accuracy
• Communicate and coordinate with the US PA community to share/resolve any process related queries
• Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Supervisor
Project Accounting Analyst
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration, with at least 4-6 years hands on accounting experience with an organisation of repute
• Must possess effective communication and organizational skills
• Understanding of transaction processing, data analysis.
• Experience in Computerized Accounting systems will be a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Good excel skills, e.g. using pivot tables to analyse and report on large volumes of data, v look ups)
• Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
• Should possess attention to detail, high level of accuracy, strong desire to learn new tasks
• Ability to work with and build relationships with a wide variety of people
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see tasks assigned through to completion in a timely manner
• Strong client service attitude with ability to multi-task
• Willingness to learn and ask questions in a positive, non-confrontational manner
• Flexibility to stretch the shift as per business needs and sometimes to work on weekends
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Accounting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!