We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec in Pune, India has an immediate opening for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our dynamic team.
• Has overall responsibility for the structural engineering work on the projects.
• Prepares programs and schedules to assure all project tasks are taken care of in a timely fashion.
• Understands and monitors the financials of the project as related to the Structural team.
• Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices
• Selects the type of system in the concept stage by comparative study of various options in terms of cost, constructability, speed, client needs, etc.
• Using software such as ETABS, SAP2000 etc. to develop the structural layout in the schematic stage fixing the arrangement of structural elements in coordination with the architects, MEP, and other related disciplines
• Leading a team of junior engineers and drafters to develop the design during schematic, detailed design, and tender stages, completing the design of the system, and all its primary and secondary members using relevant software for design of steel and concrete systems and individual elements
• Reconciles the differences in designs done by various team members to create a seamless and uniform final design.
• Monitors the activities of design team members to ensure that the design intent is fulfilled.
• Trouble shoots and advises team members when encountering problems in analysis or design.
• Is able to perform the entire analysis, design, and detailing process alone.
• Developing full technical specifications for concrete, steel and steel related sections
• Providing the details for key connections between steel elements and between steel and supporting concrete elements
• Cost estimation and value engineering for various steel options
• Technical QA/QC of the calculations, drawings, specifications, etc.
• Liaison with authorities, clients, project managers, as well as other disciplines to get their requirements incorporated into the design and to defend the structural design in various stages
• Respond to tender queries raised by bidders and review bids during the tender stage
• Provide construction administration support during construction, by responding to RFI’s, checking shop drawings, performing site visits, etc.
• Looks for software and hardware updates and notifies the Discipline Lead about new relevant software or updates.
Lead Structural Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• Will have 10 + years of structural design experience covering steel and concrete
• Min 5 years of current experience in design of steel structures
• Very strong Working knowledge of CSI-Etabs, CSI-Safe, CSI-SAP, AutoCAD, and Revit knowledge is essential
• preferably knowledge of Prokon, STAAD and MIDAS
• Some knowledge of MS project or Primavera, Power Point and basic office suite.
• Excellent knowledge of construction practices
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized, professional and able to communicate effectively – verbal, written and graphically. Highly skilled in computer and/or manual drawing and presentation.
• A high level of ability in conceptual design and design development. Able to illustrate and communicate conceptual thinking. Robust knowledge of tools, documentation, processes and procedures relevant to your discipline.
• Well-developed Project Management skills + effective leadership skills including coaching, supporting and delegation.
Leadership & Team Spirit:
• Demonstrates the values and behavior aligned to Stantec Ethics & Code of Conduct.
• Contributes to debate and generation of ideas to improve the productivity and reputation of the company.
• Demonstrates ability to work and communicate effectively with other team members.
• Positive feedback is received from colleagues and clients.
Work and client focus:
• Engages with clients ensuring a shared understanding of client vision and project requirements.
• Ensures that Stantec applicable standard project procedures and protocols are followed.
• Assists with preparation of the Client Communication Plan.
• Facilitates and participates in design and technical reviews.
• Develops knowledge of appropriate building regulations and compliance issues.
• Ensures all project tasks are delivered on time as agreed with project or team leader.
• With assistance, manages the progress of smaller projects by monitoring and reviewing project outputs to ensure client brief and expectations, budgets and timeframes are met.
Initiative and General:
• Actively participates in team meetings/activities to discuss ways to achieve better results.
• Applies appropriate Stantec design / technical tools and guidelines to all tasks.
• Assists in the preparation of Proposal bids and submissions.
• Responds appropriately to performance feedback.
• Attends seminars, lectures, private research and reading of current design and technical literature – towards an aim of achieving professional status.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Structural Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!