Stantec GIS Specialist/Developer in Pune, India
You will be part of a dynamic, innovative, and growing team. As a GIS Developer with Stantec you will provide technical support to project field data collection, grow our ArcGIS Online abilities, be a leader in transforming traditional ArcGIS desktop practices into ArcGIS PRO; as well as provide support for assigned projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Work with multiple disciplines to develop and maintain offline field data collection tools in ArcGIS Collector, Survey123 and Field Maps
• Develop Web Applications and ArcGIS Operations Dashboard for data visualization and review
• Create, edit, and publish web maps and feature layers to be used in both ArcGIS Online and Enterprise environments
• Scripting and automation of GIS tasks using ArcGIS API for Python and ArcPy
• Generate SQL Server queries, views, and tables for data summary and report generation
• Conduct testing and review of new and existing functions of ESRI Tools and ArcGIS Portal
• GIS Database management and maintenance
• Perform QA/QC tasks as required
• Adhering to established Quality Assurance/Quality Control Processes.
• Monitors own work and that of the team to ensure budgets and schedules are being met.
• Work on Windows operating system (Word, Access, Excel).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap
• Relational Database
• ESRI Field Data Tools (Collector, Field Maps, and Survey123)
• Python (ArcPy, ArcGIS API for Python)
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Established knowledge of ESRI software.
• Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to perform work accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
• Work in diverse work and team environments.
• A can-do attitude and a desire to provide innovative solutions
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 1-5 years of experience.
• Experience with the Environmental Regulatory Process or Construction support is an asset.
The position will primarily work in a home office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: GIS
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!