Stantec Engineering Designer/Technician in Pune, India
We are highly skilled team using various softwares in 2D, 3D and 4D environments and acquainted with global/regional standards and codes. We have excellent experience in delivering infrastructure projects in various sectors like Water, Hydro Power, Energy, Oil & Gas, Buildings, Transportation, Power & Dams and Mining and works through all stages of the projects from feasibility study / optioneering to detailed design and construction support.
We have delivered some of the most challenging projects which sometimes required to use out of box solutions and engineering expertise. This is the place where you can apply your innovations and great ideas. When smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are unleashed.
We Are Better Together.
• Import DWG, DGN, and other file formats, or hard copy drawings to create electronic base maps for conduit and cable designs.
• Design and issue construction work packages for conduit, copper, and fibre based residential and business services.
• Prepare Pole Line Analysis drawings and arrange for applicable permits.
• Prepare Utility Line Assignment drawings and arrange for applicable permits.
• Prepare pipeline, railway and power crossing drawings and arrange for applicable agreements.
• Prepare bill of materials.
• Complete projects within prescribed time frames while delivering a high-quality design package.
• To understand design and drafting systems and standards followed by Clients and implement in work.
• Understand design Development.
• Must work well as part of project team and be conscious of the need to meet the deadlines.
• Able to provide input into projects with minimal supervision. Can self-direct input and priorities.
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation / modification of standards.
PREFFERED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: -
• Data / Document management system experience.
• Knowledge of Power and Telecommunications projects.
• Ability to work alone and use his/her initiative.
• Assists in the implements of improvements and innovations within discipline/on projects/to processes. (E.g., develops new tools, reuses previous solutions, and develops sustainable solutions.
• Solid computer literacy in MS Office products.
• Motivated self -starter who consistently demonstrates professionalism and willingly accepts responsibility.
• A team player, that shows a positive attitude towards clients, and strives for constant improvement in process and delivery.
• Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
• Eager to learn new skills.
• Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication with 4 + years’ experience
• Computer Aided Design/drafting experience on Power and Telecommunications projects.
• Experience with telecommunications specific software systems including the following: SpatialNET, MyWorld, JIRA, and e-fulfillment is an asset.
• Conduit, copper, and fiber optic networks design experience is an asset.
• Deep and shallow utility design experience is an asset.
• Survey experience is an asset.
• Should be good team player.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Devises new solutions to problems encountered.
• Advanced CAD software skills in support of design.
• Full understanding and support in the development of CAD/BIM standards and procedures.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Drafting
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!