Stantec Building Sustainability Engineer in Pune, India
Description: Primary Tasks:
• Prepare building energy models using IES, Firstrate5, eQUEST, Energyplus, Open studio to support sustainable designs and green building rating compliance
• Analyze and optimize building energy systems & design (Lighting, HVAC, Envelope, Passive systems etc.) performance using software tools, spreadsheets and manual calculations
• Analyze projects for Green Star, LEED/Green building rating system compliance for credits related to HVAC design
• Prepare logical, concise, and comprehensive energy reports, spreadsheets and Power Point presentations
• Gather inputs from the design team through emails, correspondence, meetings etc. and communicate and explain analysis results/design recommendations to project manager.
• Attend (virtually) project meetings and do regular project follow up.
• Develop and manage budgets and schedules for project work.
• Provide regular updates to project manager.
• Experience conducting Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) is beneficial.
• Preferred Additional Technical Qualifications:
• Green Star Accredited Professional
• LEED or IGBC AP / GRIHA. Or
• Technical certification on HVAC/ Energy Or
• Certified Energy Manager
Building Sustainability Engineer
• B.E. or M.E./ M. Tech in Engineering (preferably mechanical)
• Experience in HVAC; building energy audits; sustainability
• Working experience in use of following software: IES, Firstrate5, eQUEST, Energyplus, Open studio, eTool etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel, Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
• Experience working in a remote team and reporting to outside manager
• Excellent analytical abilities
• Good organizational skills with ability to independently manage multiple tasks while maintaining focus and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!