Stantec Associate Structural Engineer-Mining in Pune, India
Contribute to the ongoing growth of STANTEC ResourceNet India Private Ltd by providing technical expertise in the area of Structural Engineering, as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering conceptual design, outline design, detailed design and construction support for Mining projects across the STANTEC offices (UK, US, Middle East, Asia Pacific etc.). To be involved in the implementation and delivery of leading edge programmes and projects.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical support to ensure that project outcomes in terms of budget, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and STANTEC expectations.
• Knowledge of Codes and Standards – loads and design (knowledge of Australian and BS/Euro codes is a plus)
• Seismic and Wind load calculations and analysis
• Structural Analysis and Design of Concrete, Structural Steel, Masonry, and Precast structures
• Knowledge of Structural Steel Analysis and Design along with connection designs
• Optioneering and outline design relating to various projects
• Preparation of technical reports / drawings
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor/management,
• Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
• Need to travel off-shore for training/on-site work: Occasionally
Associate Structural Engineer-Mining
• Master degree in Structural Engineering
• Understanding of basic structural analysis and design concepts (Concrete, Structural Steel)
• Have excellent data manipulation abilities (MS Excel/MS Access database type packages0
• Knowledge of Staad Pro and other structural analysis tools
• Knowledge of Space GASS, Strand 7, SAP2000 and AutoCAD 2D preferred
• Innovative oriented, provide ideas and work on them
• Technical report writing skills
• General knowledge of construction techniques and practices, construction management
• Competent level of client service management, i.e. able to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships with our Clients
• Capable to analyse, assess, evaluate the issues, complexity pertaining to projects / work packages and support the team lead in mitigating them in advance
• Competent level of baseline skills, i.e. professional and confident with the essential, basic business and communication skills that are required for career growth in all positions
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to personal professional development
• Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and pro-active attitude to execution / delivery
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Structural Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!