Stantec Associate Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist in Pune, India
About the role:
Our geotechnical and civil engineering team provides vital support to projects across the Dams, Water and Wastewater, Buildings, Mining sectors and have been very successful in winning significant amounts of work through repeat and new clients. With this in mind, we are looking for a associate Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist to join our team to work on a variety of projects in the Mining, Water and Wastewater space.
You'll join a global team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists where you will have the opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of the team and connect with the large global community of geo-specialists. You’ll be involved in a range of engineering projects throughout Australia, New Zealand, UK, North America and Middle East.
Your own career will benefit greatly, you will be working alongside some of the smartest engineers in the industry ensuring your design and delivery capability is excelled.
In this role you will be empowered to:
• Carry out the desktop study of the site surveys, investigations and feasibility studies for proposed projects
• Assist with collection and analysis of data and field samples as appropriate
• Produce calculations, specifications, and drawings to ensure that technical designs provide appropriate solution
• Produce geotechnical reports for borehole logging using software like gINT or HoleBase. Experience with GeoSlope applications like SlopeW will be a plus.
• Experience with (or ability to learn quickly) writing factual geologic / geotechnical reports (e.g., basic results reporting, laboratory reports tables, etc.). General data entry followed by modelling and creation of deliverables. There will be very minimum or NO site work.
• Assist with communication and development ongoing contacts with clients as required
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality, Safety & Environment Systems and Project Quality Procedures
• Minimize and control risk by commitment to the Stantec Quality, Health & Safety programs and ensuring proactive use of our project management systems
Associate Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
• Bachelor or Master degree qualified, ideally in Geotechnical, Civil Engineering, or Mining with 5-8 years relevant experience
• Competent technically in all relevant fields of Engineering or Environmental Science
• Experience using AutoCAD preferred
• Ability to interface with clients, respond quickly, and deliver projects with a supporting engineering team.
The person must necessarily have the following skills:
• Communication skills - good command of written and spoken English (the position will require a high level of interaction Stantec engineers, technical staff, project leadership (Project Managers, Project Technical Leaders) in other global offices, and on occasion end client representatives.
• Strong client service focus
• Organized work habits
• Stable career record
• Team member
• Quick learner
It is desirable that the person has the following skills:
• Able to make effective use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!