Stantec Associate Fire Fighting Designer in Pune, India
Primary Purpose of Job:
Contribute to the ongoing growth of STANTEC ResourceNet Private India Ltd by providing technical expertise in the building sector, as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering conceptual design, outline design, detailed design and construction support for buildings, water/ wastewater treatment projects across the STANTEC offices (UK, US, Middle East, Asia Pacific etc.). To be involved in the implementation and delivery of leading edge programmes and projects.
Support project managers/team leader by providing technical support to ensure that project outcomes in terms of budget, schedule, technical and quality standards, meet both the client and STANTEC expectations.
• Review the input received from client and understand the scope of work and then plan work accordingly without changing design intent.
• Carry out complete Plumbing & Firefighting general arrangement 3D models and drawings for plans, single line diagrams, sections, elevations in Revit/AutoCAD with minimal supervision.
• Coordination with other Disciplines Designers and Engineers as applicable.
• Coordinate with BIM/CAD Lead concerning project requirements.
• Able to work on Custom Revit families where applicable.
• Candidate should be able to visualize and produce clash free 3D model using Navisworks/Revit.
• Prepare Shop/Installation Drawings based on the coordinated Model.
• Prepare Bill of Materials/Quantity Take off.
• Provide regular work status updates, including risks or concerns to Discipline Lead/Project Manager/Project Lead.
• Stay updated with relevant technical developments within the discipline.
• Attend project meetings and calls as required.
• Must adhere to company QAQC process and BIM strategies
• May also be required to Train new modelers/designers
• Undertake other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by management.
• Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
• Travelling off-shore (secondments) to other Stantec global offices: for durations ranging from 3 to 6 months or as required.
Associate Fire Fighting Designer
• Ability to complete Plumbing and Fire Fighting Revit MEP 3D detailed engineering models for buildings projects.
• Experience in use of associated discipline software especially AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, BIM 360, ProjectWise.
• Ability to complete Plumbing and Fire Fighting general arrangement 3D models and drawings for plans, single line diagrams, sections, elevations in Revit/AutoCAD with minimal supervision
• The following skills will be very useful *
o Knowledge of Dynamo software
- Skills that are essential for the job, but can be easily learnt after joining
• Able to make effective use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• The person must necessarily have the following skills:
o Strong client service focus
o Organised work habits
o Stable career record
o Team member
o Quick learner
o Good oral and written communication skills
o Commitment to safe work practices
o Overseas experience will be preferred
o Should be a team player
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!