Stantec Operations Manager (Anglian Water) in Peterborough, United Kingdom
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their team with a Operations Manager for our @one Alliance (Anglian Water) joint venture framework.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
As the Operations Manager you will be expected to:
• Develop & implement a H&S and Well-Being strategy & action plan for construction staff and in conjunction & engagement with Supply Chain. Accountable for HSEQ compliance, consistency & best practice across all programme area sites. Complete audits of site teams & sites, applying lessons learned. Communicate & co-ordinate as required. Ensure all sites comply with H & S requirements as agreed by partner organisations and C.I.G.
• Ensure sustainability & ‘green’ principles are fully applied in the assets’ construction; work collaboratively with Alliance teams, Supply Chain & AW to implement sustainable outcomes, and find the best solutions to meet the Alliance CR&S targets, in particular, in design and construction, minimisation of energy use & carbon emissions and waste materials reduction.
• Develop Quality Programme area strategy and action plans. Manage/ensure quality control across all programme area construction activities and ensure adherence to all approved processes and procedures, including approved electrical and mechanical works procedures. And work with Design team on learning from Quality reports
• Ensure that all construction H&S and Quality data is provided and collated and ensure full compliance across all Programme areas.
• Prepare and deliver the Programme Area H&S and Quality Report with relevant action plans prepared and implemented.
• Management of the programme construction team, coordination & allocation of the correct construction & supply chain resources across programme area sites, ensuring competence of staff & subcontractors, maximising capability & utilisation across the programme areas. Working with the PAM, identify and mitigate project and programme risk.
• Work closely with Partners ensuring their internal policies and procedures are not compromised and standardised where possible.
• Be accountable for training to ensure site teams are both competent and possess all relevant training requirement and needs.
• Ensure rework and close-out is managed consistently across Programme areas and strive for continuous improvement, engaging with all stakeholders to implement and reform, striving for zero defects.
• Ensure that site minimum standards are achieved consistently across all programme area sites & ensure compliance with all standard procedures for inspections, H&S, M & E and customer service levels; develop and implement new procedures where required.
• Work closely with Commissioning, After Care, DAMS and AW Operations teams to drive a fully integrated and informed team approach with involvement at all key stages.
• Work closely with and support Design, Procurement & supply chain teams to enable industrialised construction and on-site assembly.
• Communicate, investigate and bring best practice to Alliance and implement where appropriate. Coordinate best practice for safety and construction techniques to all sites and programme areas. Provide teams with overall construction advice.
• Influence & lead teams to drive efficiencies through the Industrialised Construction plan & other initiatives across all Programme areas & projects; drive involvement & positive behaviours in construction teams, to reduce time on site & achieve Alliance & commercial targets.
• Manage delivery performance across programme area projects and supply chain, develop a culture of celebrating success and continuous improvement.
• Review & identify construction synergies across programme areas, including close liaison with other Ops Managers.
• Work closely with PAM & IPL teams to achieve productivity, cost targets & reliability across all sites. Ensure that there is construction, site team & supply chain ownership of the agreed programme, procurement, design, costs, risk and opportunities.
• Provide regular progress and performance reports & input into reports on subcontractors & suppliers.
• Ensure programme and site delivery planning is collaborative with the full Alliance & AW delivery team and supply chain.
• Accountable for the planning, co-ordination & delivery of site-establishment requirements. Drive efficiencies by ensuring your teams maximize, utilisation, developing logistics for re-use of surplus materials where possible.
• Ensure all construction and operational managers are given clear and relevant objectives that provide direction and link to Alliance, Programme and operational goals and targets.
• Engage with People Development/Partners to ensure recruitment/development plans are in place.
• Work closely with PAMS and PACMs attendance, PA governance meetings, project and programme reviews and conduct regular construction-lead team meetings.
• Build a culture in which nothing is so important that we can’t take the time to do it safely. Embrace the importance of health and safety in all circumstances leading by example
• Lead people from different partner company backgrounds and disciplines – utilise their knowledge and experience to achieve best practice – implement tried and tested ways of working. Add to this with own experience and know how.
• Embrace the implications of a defined stage gate delivery process – understand its impact on people and process.
• Apply rigour to key projects and tasks that require accurate and timely delivery and decision making.
• Set clear direction and performance related objectives. Provide space and latitude for team to achieve their objectives; guide, challenge and coach. Be willing and able to manage the consequences of performance – recognise good and exceptional performance, address poor performance.
• Live the continuous improvement philosophy – constantly challenge self and others in a realistic and positive way. Take responsibility for own learning and development and share experience.
• Try new approaches and encourage others to do the same – balance experimentation with risk.
• Apply a mature understanding of processes – keep things clear and simple. Utilise processes to enable.
• Work in an open and collaborative way – practice integrated working with all teams and the client.
• Engage stakeholders – clarify and manage their expectations. Build relationships steadily – formally and informally.
• Take responsibility for team projects and outputs. Use personal energy to enthuse others. Acknowledge problems, own up to them quickly and offer solutions.
• Communicate clearly and consistently –explain the why as well as the what when delivering key messages or engaging others in new processes and ways of working. Listen to their ideas and feedback.
• Develop team to utilise everyone’s strengths to best effect. Encourage personal accountability. Provide colleagues with regular feedback to assist their development and build overall team capability.
Operations Manager (Anglian Water)
Previous experience in similar role
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):